StrataCafe Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 StrataCafe
 Strata Design 3D CX
 What would you like to see in Strata 9.0?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

colorjaws
A Regular

205 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2016 :  08:00:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
- a button "edit texture" would be also a time saving element (instead of locate texture)
- crazy demand but not impossible: having the texture UV mesh linked to the photoshop texture files (ex. smart object) when saving uv in strata you'll see directly in the psd the uv-mesh changing :-) what I do know is: I open the uv window, make a rendering wireframe, save in psd import that psd into my photoshop texture file, this could be simplified.
Go to Top of Page

colorjaws
A Regular

205 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2016 :  01:42:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A better displacement map and integrated into the texture pallet and not having a separate texture for it.
Go to Top of Page

jaseman
Infrequent Poster

45 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2016 :  14:31:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about the ability to simply 'lock' an object, instead of just making it shy. This should be relatively simple, and should have been done a long time ago.

I'll second (or third at this point) backwards compatibly to v7.5 or even v7 - I often need to share work with others in my team, or be able to take projects home to work on weekends. Again, should be relatively simple to at least do an export option.

I would LOVE to be able to work with characters/figures directly in Strata. Free models never import well, and look flat when rendered, but I don't need Poser/Daz level interaction. Just some realistic people I can drop in, pose to fit a chair/couch/table/etc, to give clients a good frame of reference in a scene. I know this is a bit tougher, but right now, exporting from another program, hoping the pose fits, then deciphering the myriad of maps that come with it, just isn't with the hassle.
Go to Top of Page

Kevco
Admin

416 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2016 :  15:10:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can lock the objects position, rotation and scale in the Object Properties Transform tab.
Go to Top of Page

MrTickTock
A Regular

USA
194 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  15:03:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOVE Strata, use it almost daily for product renders. I really hope you guys keep advancing and innovating it. Would love improvements for animation, at present I unfortunately had to switch to blender as it feels more streamlined for this. I'm not sure if Strata is PBR based, love the rendering lighting and smoothness.
Go to Top of Page

markomark
Infrequent Poster

37 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2017 :  12:51:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

for too long this package suffers from features carried over from decades ago.

look at the suggestion list above, folks have been asking for features that other render/cad programs have had for YEARS!!
Go to Top of Page

Stratagizer
A Regular

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2017 :  12:14:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One thing I have enjoyed with Strata software (in many areas) is the Mac-like intuitive interface. And the type tools are very useful. But there is a lot of distortion that occurs with even minimal modifications, like bevels etc. From using other apps, I have learned that creating bevelled, extruded text is complex & challenging to engineer. Even some other very powerful & popular apps have poor type handling tools. Having professional text creation tools (without having to manipulate bevel errors) would be worth the cost of an app alone. This is an extremely important feature to those who need 3D text. That's my request. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Manoel Nguyen
Infrequent Poster

Netherlands
12 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2017 :  07:18:40  Show Profile  Visit Manoel Nguyen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm glad to see that you've done something with my idea of a 'Strata-Store"!
Will need some time to prepare all my Shapes for the store. Who or how are the prices for the items set?
The pages are slow to load; maybe smaller thumbnails?

quote:
Originally posted by Manoel Nguyen

What would be VERY useful for me:
- export to 3DStudio Max as most of my colleagues are using that and I need to exchange models; their rendering-quality is also better through V-ray
- but a V-ray plugin would be useful too
- 3DS-users have access to huge banks of models and textures; it would be helpful if Strata-users could share models that they have made through a sort of 'Strata Store' (like App Store) where one can sell his models that have cost him days to produce. Strata could skim a fair percentage of the sales. (most users will only have a few useful models to share; models of my architecture will not be interesting for anyone else, so registering an account will not be interesting)
- Strata 8 has lost the option of pasting a picture directly into a texture edit, making it more time-consuming; or black/white picture in the model-window to insert a template. This worked immaculately in Blitz, unreliable in versions until 7.5 (Strata could freeze) and is now totally lost. It's a very powerful tool for me and forces me to model in older versions.
- another lost feature (since Blitz) is making cross-sections in perspective from a building by moving the projection-plane in a modeling-window; a feature that made my competition jealous and my clients happy. (see images)

Image Insert:

66.47 KB

Image Insert:

83.88 KB

Image Insert:

36.19 KB

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: