StrataCafe Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 StrataCafe
 Strata Design 3D CX
 What would you like to see in Strata 9.0?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

colorjaws
A Regular

205 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2016 :  08:00:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
- a button "edit texture" would be also a time saving element (instead of locate texture)
- crazy demand but not impossible: having the texture UV mesh linked to the photoshop texture files (ex. smart object) when saving uv in strata you'll see directly in the psd the uv-mesh changing :-) what I do know is: I open the uv window, make a rendering wireframe, save in psd import that psd into my photoshop texture file, this could be simplified.
Go to Top of Page

colorjaws
A Regular

205 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2016 :  01:42:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A better displacement map and integrated into the texture pallet and not having a separate texture for it.
Go to Top of Page

jaseman
Infrequent Poster

45 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2016 :  14:31:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about the ability to simply 'lock' an object, instead of just making it shy. This should be relatively simple, and should have been done a long time ago.

I'll second (or third at this point) backwards compatibly to v7.5 or even v7 - I often need to share work with others in my team, or be able to take projects home to work on weekends. Again, should be relatively simple to at least do an export option.

I would LOVE to be able to work with characters/figures directly in Strata. Free models never import well, and look flat when rendered, but I don't need Poser/Daz level interaction. Just some realistic people I can drop in, pose to fit a chair/couch/table/etc, to give clients a good frame of reference in a scene. I know this is a bit tougher, but right now, exporting from another program, hoping the pose fits, then deciphering the myriad of maps that come with it, just isn't with the hassle.
Go to Top of Page

Kevco
Admin

412 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2016 :  15:10:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can lock the objects position, rotation and scale in the Object Properties Transform tab.
Go to Top of Page

MrTickTock
A Regular

USA
194 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  15:03:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOVE Strata, use it almost daily for product renders. I really hope you guys keep advancing and innovating it. Would love improvements for animation, at present I unfortunately had to switch to blender as it feels more streamlined for this. I'm not sure if Strata is PBR based, love the rendering lighting and smoothness.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000