Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bbible
A Regular

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  10:48:07  Show Profile
I was reading the resolution question and am hoping that this isn't crossing the same area.

I've been working with Enfold for a little bit now and really like it - one thing that I've had problems with is once I get a box folded up in it looks great (sharp) in the Enfold 3D view in Illustrator but when I export that out as a JPEG the resulting image looks terrible. I've tried playing around a bit with the settings but the results seem to be the same.

When I export to U3D and bring that into Strata to render the output looks fine but often I am just wanting something quick to send to a customer. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks

- Brad

Edited by - bbible on 02/01/2010 10:48:34

jpro
A Fountain of Information

USA
4991 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  10:50:43  Show Profile  Visit jpro's Homepage
Do you mean the TIFF image? as far as I know, Enfold does not do a jpeg export. Can you give more information, or provide a screenshot of the point at which you are doing the jpeg export?

Jean
Go to Top of Page

bbible
A Regular

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  10:54:49  Show Profile
Sorry Jean - yes, I meant the TIFF export function.

- Brad
Go to Top of Page

jpro

USA
4991 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  11:34:09  Show Profile  Visit jpro's Homepage
It looks as though the resolution of the graphics on your package is fixed. You have the option to output at higher resolution, but this appears not to affect the graphics on the package, only the edges of the package. So, I m seeing the same thing you are seeing.

If the TIFF is not good enough, my best suggestion at this point is to look for a way to streamline the process of rendering in Strata. One of the first things I would do is set up a scene that you can reuse for renderings, so you do not have to set up a render set each time. this set would have lights, reflectors, cameras, an environment map and lightdome... whatever works well, to reuse every time this comes up. Then just plop the U3D import down into the scene and render.

You should also be able to set up a few paper textures, maybe a low gloss, medium gloss, and high gloss, that you like, and reuse those settings.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

bbible
A Regular

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  11:55:29  Show Profile
Ok - thanks. I wasn't sure if it was something I was doing wrong.

I have been doing screenshots of the Enfold view to obtain the results I want. Taking it into Strata could be an option could definitely be an option but most of the time I'm using Enfold to save time and avoid the use of Strata - at least for this purpose.

Thanks for the reply Jean.

- Brad
Go to Top of Page

jpro

USA
4991 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  12:04:23  Show Profile  Visit jpro's Homepage
are you saying the screen shot from the 3D view in Illustrator is better than the exported TIFF? That is not what I am seeing...Post some images, if you need to clarify more.

Jean

Edited by - jpro on 02/01/2010 13:01:33
Go to Top of Page

hassan321
Infrequent Poster

Argentina
2 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2014 :  03:50:28  Show Profile
'm going to suggest that you repost this question to the Strata Design 3D CX forum. Those that would provide suggestions on this might not be following this particular forum on a regular basis.

If you are looking for quick success in [url=http://www.testking.biz/testking-70-462.htm]Testking 70-462[/url] exam then join today to explore useful [url=http://www.kean.edu/]Kean University[/url] dumps resources

Edited by - hassan321 on 10/13/2014 10:33:34
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000