Strata 3D CX 8 on Windows 10 instable and slow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Antaguar
A Regular

Germany
112 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2018 :  07:22:54  Show Profile  Visit Antaguar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was surprised that v8 was finally made available for Windows. But now after working with it for a few hours only, I am moving my projects back to 7.5.

The permanent instability reminds me of old days, when with a major release (e.g. v4 or v5) new features were added which needed to be improved with additional patches or updates.

Some of the problems I have:

* Slow update of the project window, sometimes updates multiple times.
* Gravity feature in mesh editing only works once. Gravity for additional selections extends the 'red' region over the whole mesh and cannot be controlled with the '-' key.
* Multiple crashes in modeling and rendering.
* Very slow when there are objects with large number of polygons.

Besides that, I almost see no progress in the user interface. I am using Strata since v3.5 and many things still look the same and need to be used the same. At least I would have expected

* improved handles to move, rotate, and scale objects (almost impossible, when you have a large scene with small objects),
* easy ways to switch on/off resources (e.g. textures) without the need to remove them from the objects,
* search resources easily,
* manage the content of the project window.

Thinking about switching to a more modern software in the near future.

rayvic
Infrequent Poster

3 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2018 :  10:19:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same here, it's been slow. There appears to be a lag in everything I do. I've regulated cx-8 for rendering and continue to work in 7.5.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000