Crossgrade
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

filbert
A Regular

USA
257 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2018 :  18:25:44  Show Profile  Visit filbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Crossgrade........HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHOHOHOHAHAHA!
Just buy a new computer so that you can continue using our software! Or buy emulator software just so you can use our software!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHOHOHOHAHAHA!

Oh and send a couple of hundred dollars to us just to get your Windows based software...HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHOHOHOHAHAHA!
That's it...I'm outa here!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHOHOHOHAHAHA! Crossgrade.........

filbert

Remember, your only as good as your last image.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
10.12.6 Sierra

Edited by - filbert on 10/09/2018 18:30:44

tbgriswold
Regularly Educational

USA
1436 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2018 :  09:01:25  Show Profile  Visit tbgriswold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Filbert,

I am not sure what you are implying. There are bound to be a number of people running both PCs and Macs. I might like to work on my Mac, but have a less expensive PC to run animation renders. Or I might have given up my Mac for a PC and need a PC version that is current. There is currently an advantage to the PC software. It has a full 64-bit pipeline. This is huge if you have to deal with really big texture maps or a really complex mesh...

I really appreciate that they are offering a cross-grade option, though I personally don't need it.

Britt

Edited by - tbgriswold on 10/10/2018 09:08:12
Go to Top of Page

filbert
A Regular

USA
257 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2018 :  04:31:07  Show Profile  Visit filbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Britt,

First I found it completely unacceptable that Strata never gave me or anyone else the time of day when asked repeatedly what there intensions were as to the Apple dropping the 32 bit support. Leaving people like me who make a living doing 3D modeling and animation to move to other apps so as not to get caught with our pants down when the new OS came out. Although I work on both platforms as well, I already have moved to Blender (already 64 bit) and found it to be a much more powerful and versatile app. (If you can get past the many windows.)

My annoyance with Strata has been brewing due to the lack of info and they're lack of fixing long time issues with the app. Then for them to come out with this "Crossgrade" is just plane silly. Sorry, it's just the way I feel. There isn't even anything new in the software to even make you think it over. Not one improvement. Not to mention having people who are already using the software pay for it. Or pay for an emulator package. Or a computer. There will always be scenarios like the ones you mentioned and for that good. But, for not providing any info or feedback to their long time loyal customers, waiting until Mojave is released then telling us OH YA, if you want to use our app and not worry about having to export all your modeling projects for the past umpteen years, you can buy a PC version, it's just laughable.

So I guess to answer your question, I'm implying that Strata completely dropped the ball with their lack of informing their loyal users of there intensions with respect to 32 bit support (I've been using their products since Studio Pro Blitz), the timing of introducing the "Crossgrade" and the lack of development of their product. Like I said, there's not even any new improvements.

filbert

Remember, your only as good as your last image.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
10.12.6 Sierra
Go to Top of Page

tbgriswold
Regularly Educational

USA
1436 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2018 :  07:36:42  Show Profile  Visit tbgriswold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I do understand your frustration. I am frustrated as well. I guess I did not understand how it was linked to Crossgrades. As you may be aware, the PC version of the App has been languishing at 7.5 for more than several years. They need that PC market to help sustain a Mac market, would be my guess. So now that the PC version is fully 64-bit, I am guessing the technology transfer to the Mac side will not take long.

My experiences been that the Mac App is their development platform for new features, then it gets moved to the PC side, this seems to be the reverse. But the PC side needed the attention real bad if they have any chance of maintaining some market share.

Hopefully new stuff on the Mac side is next, but I have no idea what or when that might be.

I have a copy of Blender on my Mac. I have poked at it and I really need to get a project going to make me learn it. I too wish Strata could move faster.

Britt

Edited by - tbgriswold on 10/11/2018 07:37:20
Go to Top of Page

Hopper2
Regularly Helpful

USA
748 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2018 :  16:54:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frustration doesn't even begin to characterize Strata's approach to development. Maybe we should say Sears??

Hopper
Go to Top of Page

silversurf
A Regular

Australia
281 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2018 :  21:40:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you start getting into Blender (or any other current 3D tools), will be very hard to get back using Strata. You'll wonder why you haven't switch earlier :)
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000