Strata Design 3D CX
 Frame Outline in Strata 3D CX 8
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

adamle01
Infrequent Poster

1 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2018 :  21:58:12  Show Profile  Visit adamle01's Homepage  Send adamle01 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I’m new to Strata, can anyone help me with this question? In Strata 3D CX8, I can’t find any equivalent feature that displays the limit of the rendered frame to aid scene composition etc[url=https://community.norton.com/en/users/anhboy123y].[/url]

This was supported in both my previous 3D programs, Carrara and Maya,
Carrara allowed a “Production Frame” to be shown or hidden. This frame changed shape with the current pixcel dimensions setting in “Output”. A very similar feature in Maya was called “Display Resolution”.

I think I’ve looked in all the obvious places in the Strata User Guide without success.

[url=https://community.norton.com/en/users/anhboy123y]há h#7855;ng[/url]

Edited by - adamle01 on 01/29/2019 19:50:13

Wally_B
A Regular

USA
453 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2018 :  05:14:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been a while since I've touched Strata, so forgive me if I'm not correct, but I believe the only way to view the current camera output limits is to open a new camera view window and just have it floating there for reference.

I'm curious though... why the switch from Maya?.. it certainly has it's problems, but you lose A LOT of functionality with a switch to an app like Strata...
Go to Top of Page

Hopper2
Regularly Helpful

USA
750 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  15:46:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cost perhaps?

Hopper
Go to Top of Page

Wally_B
A Regular

USA
453 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2019 :  05:12:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hopper2

Cost perhaps?

If cost was an issue, Blender is way closer to Maya in terms of features and capability and industry support than Strata is...
Obviously this is a pretty old thread, but I thought it was just a very puzzling transition.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000