New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stratagizer
A Regular

USA
410 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2018 :  11:09:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need to "Shatter" some type for a still image project. I don't have much experience with 3D animation.

It seems like The Shatter FX tool is intended for animation. For a still image, would I need to render a series of frames, then choose whichever looks most appropriate & re-render that frame at high resolution?

Also, since I need to shatter type, I created the type (2 words) with the type tool, then converted to a poly mesh. By default conversion, the front faces are ngons. Will Shatter work with ngons? Would it work with 3D type that has NOT been converted to a mesh?

Lastly, can Shatter be configured to gradually affect an object from the bottom up? So that the type appears to be gradually shattering from below? (type needs to be readable)

My first attempt with Shatter seems to have no visible result, but I'm guessing that's because I'm just seeing the viewport & have not yet rendered a series of frames.

Thanks for any help on this.

tbgriswold
Regularly Educational

USA
1417 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2018 :  11:22:13  Show Profile  Visit tbgriswold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You have to set it up like an animation, but you only need to render the frame you are interested in. The animation will process through to the frame you designate, so the render time is a bit longer as that processing happens.

I think the Shatter FX shatters polygons, so you will need to dice up those Ngons, I think. I have not really worked much with the shatter FX.

Britt

Edited by - tbgriswold on 04/05/2018 11:53:14
Go to Top of Page

Stratagizer
A Regular

USA
410 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2018 :  11:43:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Britt!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic