All Forums
 Strata Design 3D CX
 Strata Crashing welcome to 1996
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Infrequent Poster

34 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2018 :  14:52:33  Show Profile  Visit mguilfoile's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Time warp. I'm using Strata constantly for the first time since 2002 and it is buggy and crashing constantly. No app crashes like this anymore, making it even more egregious. At least once a week I get a hang and have to force quit. VectorWorks, for example, has hung or crashed perhaps twice in 14 years. 14 years! It is also possible to move objects, which is nearly impossible in Strata, and the VW zoom marquee actually zooms to the area in the bounding box. Strata, who knows? Really, I expected to see some improvement in 16 years, but there is none in these very critical areas. Sorry for the rant, but I feel like I was swindled paying for this upgrade that is no better that Blitz.

A Regular

278 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  21:05:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep that's sound about right even after 16 years, welcome back to strata
Go to Top of Page

Tom Macie
A Regular

214 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  05:35:49  Show Profile  Visit Tom Macie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There's a possibility you might have a buggy piece of geometry. I use D3D and Vectorworks on daily basis and don't experience what you describe. Occasionally I will import something that is just cantankerous and causes the program to misbehave until I isolate it and tend to the problem.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000