Still Crashing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mguilfoile
Infrequent Poster

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2018 :  13:57:32  Show Profile  Visit mguilfoile's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As long as I'm making sure that Strata v8 is crashing (spinning beach ball after a foreboding "beep" loading a texture map) I thought I'd ask for an application that doesn't crash after around 8 to 10 hours of use. Vectorworks, an app I use more and handles complex CAD files, too, only crashes perhaps once every five years. I use it at a ratio of about 10 to 1, VW to Strata. Strata is actually the only app that crashes regularly anymore. In the 1990s you had to save a lot because all apps were unstable. I've gotten out of the practice, but when I return to Strata it's like going back in time. What is it about this app that makes it so unstable? It's not as bad as the 2.0 and 2.5 days, but it is still inexcusable. What's up? OK. Time to force quit and see what I've lost this time.

filbert
A Regular

USA
254 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2018 :  14:18:55  Show Profile  Visit filbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
mguilfoile,

I've been seeing some great things coming out of Blender and have been working with it more since Strata has gone stagnant. Seems like Strata is just wandering around selling other software leaving us longtime users wondering what they're doing. I've been using it since Strata Studio Pro Blitz. I think there are things in that early app that people were complaining about that are still a problem today! LOL

Blender is free and is a very powerful program. If you can get past the multitude of panels, you can get great results. There are a multitude of tutorials to get you through the transition. I'm giving Strata one more version before I jump ship to go full into Blender.

filbert

Remember, your only as good as your last image.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
10.12.6 Sierra
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000