Lathe tool
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mguilfoile
Infrequent Poster

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  08:01:24  Show Profile  Visit mguilfoile's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HI, All
I just upgraded to v8 of CX and can't find the lathe tool. It doesn't come up in the Help menu. I also don't see the floating palette with the modeling tools on it. All I want to do is sweep a rectangle profile into a cylinder. Thanks for any help.
MGuilfoile

Kevco
Admin

443 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  08:24:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is in the tool palette in the flyout menu for the Extrude, PathExtrude, Skin and Lathe tools.

Image Insert:

32.62 KB
Go to Top of Page

mguilfoile
Infrequent Poster

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2018 :  05:23:17  Show Profile  Visit mguilfoile's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I appreciate finding that for me. It didn't come up in the "search" in Help. I have a follow up, however. When I selected lathe it made the cylinder I wanted, which was great. I wanted another similar shape, but only rotated 3/4 of the way, 270 degrees. I went to the palette where the degrees was entered and put in "270." It didn't change. Also, the number of revolutions read "2." I only want one revolution, but the 2 remained. I put in 270 degrees again. Again, nothing. So, my follow up question is why did Strata put a floating palette for this tool that doesn't do anything? I find that a little odd. Am I missing something simple?
Go to Top of Page

Duncan
Regularly Helpful

USA
806 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2018 :  22:29:12  Show Profile  Visit Duncan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
270 degrees is less than one complete rotation, so you should enter "0" in the rotations field, and 270 in the degrees field.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000