New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stratagizer
A Regular

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2017 :  10:10:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I don't mean to belabor this, but: I created a test file, with a simple cube, converted to poly mesh, then into poly edit mode. Select all, copy, move original mesh, paste. Nothing visible. I was unable to select, locate or discern the copy cube.

I'm a bit mystified by this aspect of the UI, where the user guide states: "Pasted edges and points are not visible in the main Modeling window, but you can select the pasted edges or points in the Project window. If you take the pasted elements back into polygon edit mode, they will not be visible until you change modes." ???

tbgriswold
Regularly Educational

USA
1417 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2017 :  10:36:19  Show Profile  Visit tbgriswold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you copy polygons, then leave edit mode and paste, your polygons will be placed in the same location as a new object.

If you copy polygons, then move the object while still in edit mode, you can paste the copied polygons into their original location as additional polygons associated with the edited object.

I am using Design 3D CX 8.2.2.

Britt

Image Insert:

34.88 KB
Go to Top of Page

Stratagizer
A Regular

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2017 :  11:06:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Britt. I'm also on 8.2.2
As stated in original post, I created cube, entered poly edit. Select all. Copy. MOVE OBJECT. Paste. No result. I have tried on multiple files. Restarted app. Restarted computer, and restarted app. Reset prefs.
I'm thinking perhaps my app is corrupted, as I'm still having odd issues with another file. Perhaps I should re-install app?
Go to Top of Page

Kevco
Admin

443 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2017 :  11:22:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try resetting the preferences and restarting the computer. Then try this again.
Go to Top of Page

gcoppo
Infrequent Poster

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2017 :  12:19:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never been able to paste the object back in either. Reset preferences, same problem.
Go to Top of Page

Kevco
Admin

443 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2017 :  12:41:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, I think I understand what is happening.

Copy and Paste will only work in the in-context polygon edit mode. It does not work in the double-click object polygon edit (new window) mode.

To working in the in-context polygon edit mode, do not double-click on the object. Instead, click on the Anvil icon at the top of the tool palette or press Cmd-L.

You can disable double-click object editing in the Preferences > General panel.

Go to Top of Page

gcoppo
Infrequent Poster

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2017 :  12:54:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All the difference in the world, thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000