New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stratagizer
A Regular

USA
394 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  11:53:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to create a symmetrical 2D form (using the pen tool) to extrude along a separate path. The shape that I plan to extrude needs to be symmetrical, and is just a bit too complex for me to draw in perfect symmetry. I have tried creating half the the path, but can't find a way to flip the "B" side then join the 2 in reshape mode.
Perhaps I should create the item in illustrator, then import & extrude. But I usually get good predictable results using the pen tool in Strata for extruded shapes -esp if they are simple enough for me to draw symmetrically (snapping to point helps).
I have requested this feature in many apps for years, as drawing in symmetry would be very useful. (sometimes you can't really envision the final result properly, when creating one side of a symmetrical path).
So is there a workaround for this? Copy left path, paste, flip & join right & left? The final result needs to be extrudable along a path.
I hope I'm being clear on this. Thanks.

Stratagizer
A Regular

USA
394 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  12:58:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I created the extrude shape in Illustrator no problem (as I have many times in the past) But Having the symmetrical drawing option is CX would be helpful, as would copy paste, rotate, flip etc. But perhaps I should just continue to rely on illustrator for that level of control.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000