New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wally_B
A Regular

USA
422 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2017 :  13:29:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see that Strata VR is out now, which is cool...congrats to the team that worked on it...I'll bet it was a lot of hard work.

Two questions popped into my head when I saw it...
-First...I hope that this recent release means that the company will release an update to their Strata Design CX soon. It desperately needs it.

-Second... does it seem like Strata has shifted focus to creating custom tools for its existing enterprise customers...choosing to stop developing Strata as a general purpose Digital Content Creation app?

That's obviously fine...its their choice to steer the software in whatever direction they choose. It would be helpful to know what Strata's strategy is in this way though... there's no reason for them to string along the remaining independent Strata users if there are no major updates coming for Design CX. It would be fair to assume, I think... that these customers are not the ones keeping the lights on at Strata anyway...

Almost a year and a half without an update sends a pretty clear message.

silversurf
A Regular

Australia
271 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2017 :  17:26:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From the information published and the VR presentation events there are all the indications that the VR biztech is the new current focus of the company - it seems all the resources and investments are gather toward a virtual reality version.
Go to Top of Page

Tom Macie
A Regular

USA
213 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2017 :  18:47:54  Show Profile  Visit Tom Macie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is an excellent addition to the package and it comes at good time. We were able to interest several clients rather quickly and we're already in development on a number of projects.
Go to Top of Page

silversurf
A Regular

Australia
271 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2017 :  02:00:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...mm, saw the VR presentation and it looked like there still a lots of work to be done before reaching a good level.
Don't forget that Unreal engine has already been doing it for some time now with excellent result.
Go to Top of Page

Tom Macie
A Regular

USA
213 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2017 :  17:19:04  Show Profile  Visit Tom Macie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It seemed to go over well for Fuji Diosynth Technologies at the Biotechnologies International 2017 last week.

Image Insert:

90.02 KB
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000