New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

colorjaws
A Regular

205 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  08:39:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

got something strange, I can't import illustrator files made in strata8 but the strata 7.5 opens them perfectly, any suggestion?

thanks

MacSavers
A Regular

USA
291 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  08:45:47  Show Profile  Visit MacSavers's Homepage  Send MacSavers an AOL message  Click to see MacSavers's MSN Messenger address  Send MacSavers a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Which version of Illustrator?

I used Illustrator CC 2017 here. It imported just fine.

Image Insert:

92.98 KB

Image Insert:

71.83 KB

Edited by - MacSavers on 03/02/2017 08:50:06
Go to Top of Page

Kevco
Admin

414 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  09:47:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suspect that you haven't installed the Ai/PDF plugin.

The software install process has 2 steps. First to install Design 3D CX 8 and then after that finish copying to install the Ai/PDF plugin (MediaTypePDF.bundle) by dragging it onto the Plugin alias to the right in the installer windows. This plugin provides the support for importing Illustrator (.ai) PDF compatible files.
Go to Top of Page

colorjaws
A Regular

205 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2017 :  01:07:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kevco

I suspect that you haven't installed the Ai/PDF plugin.

The software install process has 2 steps. First to install Design 3D CX 8 and then after that finish copying to install the Ai/PDF plugin (MediaTypePDF.bundle) by dragging it onto the Plugin alias to the right in the installer windows. This plugin provides the support for importing Illustrator (.ai) PDF compatible files.

thks for your help but:
I do have the plugin installed otherwise 7.5 wouldn't be able to open the files like it should be. Strata 8 opens the file in a form of texture or the render window, but it is not set into the modeling window. that is the strange part. why does it work into 7.5 and not in 8.0, is there a way to get again the plugin 8.0 (i don't have the install file anymore) Maybe it's corrupt... but still why does it work in 7,5 and not in 8 :-/
Go to Top of Page

MacSavers
A Regular

USA
291 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2017 :  06:02:32  Show Profile  Visit MacSavers's Homepage  Send MacSavers an AOL message  Click to see MacSavers's MSN Messenger address  Send MacSavers a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I thought there was an extra installer for the AI/PDF plugin for 8. I think the install is different and the version 8 can't use the 7.5 version. If you have the plugin there, I'd uninstall it and reinstall it.
Go to Top of Page

Kevco
Admin

414 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2017 :  06:44:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Based on your description the Ai/PDF plugin (MediaTypePDF.bundle) is not installed. CX 8 supports importing the .ai file type as an image. So, the software will recognize and import it using the "Import as Mesh" function. With the Ai/PDF plugin installed is will import as vector artwork, like CX 7.5.

You can redownload the Design 3D CX 8 installer by logging in to your Strata Store account and going to the Purchase History.

In the Purchase History click on the "View Details and Downloads" for the CX 8 purchase. The download link will be toward the bottom of the page.

After downloading, reinstall CX 8 and after it finished copying, then do step 2 and install the Ai/PDG plugin (MediaTypePDF.bundle) as instructed in the installer window.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000