iPad & iPhone issue
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

andy@satori.com.au
Infrequent Poster

Australia
18 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  01:15:03  Show Profile  Visit andy@satori.com.au's Homepage
My client wants to be able to demo his 3D model on an iPad...

I have an Acrobat 3D version of my model created from my U3D file (made in Strata Live 3D)
How do I make it available on an iPad? The PDF opens but only shows a blank screen.
Although I can still peruse the file on my local machine in Acrobat

If I use Live 3D to output a web version and browse it remotely on an iPad I get the following text: 'Java is currently not available on your browser. Please enable Java (www.java.com) to view the model' Again it works on the local machine.

if I select Other > Flash Embedding...
Flash CS 5 opens an unsaved 'Meson.FLA' file plus a blank 'Meson.SWF' file
A browser window opens with a grey box that says 'Initializing...'
But I still don't get a 3D model that can be navigated etc.

I know that the Samsung Galaxy supports Flash which the client is prepared to purchase if required

What are my options? Are there any 3D viewers available for the iPad or should I stick with the Galaxy and Flash?
How do I get my flash file to work?

Cheers, Andy

Andy

jesmith
A Regular

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  07:09:19  Show Profile  Visit jesmith's Homepage
There are a handful of 3D viewer Apps for iOS, but they rely on hardware acceleration, so be prepared to cut your polygon and texture counts dramatically. And, of course, they require that the end-user have a special App installed. Google will get you a list.

At Kaon, we use server-side rendering to do 3D on the iPad/iPhone. But again, we have a special App, and we have server-side licensing fees.

Long term, we expect that Apple will migrate WebGL support into Mobile Safari. But there isn't any roadmap for that, and it will still be limited by the 3D hardware in the device.

-Joshua
Go to Top of Page

andy@satori.com.au
Infrequent Poster

Australia
18 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  20:54:54  Show Profile  Visit andy@satori.com.au's Homepage
Thanks for that Joshua...
Any thoughts on the flash embedding issue - where I get the initialing grey box but nothing else?
Andy
Go to Top of Page

jesmith
A Regular

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2011 :  07:16:12  Show Profile  Visit jesmith's Homepage
Our Flash solution is really a HTML trick where we overlay Flash and Java together. So for that to work, you need Java applets, which the default Google browser doesn't support on Android (not sure about other browsers). And, of course, iOS has neither Flash nor Java.

-Joshua
Go to Top of Page

michaelbstrauss
Inquisitive

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2014 :  08:48:17  Show Profile  Visit michaelbstrauss's Homepage
anyone ever find a good app to show strata models on the ipad?
Go to Top of Page

jesmith
A Regular

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2014 :  10:17:11  Show Profile  Visit jesmith's Homepage
We have the technology to do that, although not in a browser today, because WebGL is not enabled on the iPad. So it has to be done in a Native App, which makes it tricky to figure out how to make that functionality available in a toolset we could sell. So we're only doing it as a service offering. You can see the cool stuff we are doing in this domain here m.kaon.com/list

-Joshua
Go to Top of Page

designthis86
Inquisitive

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2014 :  15:27:00  Show Profile  Visit designthis86's Homepage
I once created a Quicktime move from my Strata 3D design file that my client could not view. I downloaded a program called Total Media Converter from Snowfoxsoft.com. Demo is free to use for about 3 minutes of conversions. I converted my QT to MP4 and my client could then see it on his iPad.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000