New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Larry_S
Infrequent Poster

2 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2011 :  00:03:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'm very much enjoying using Foto3D version 2 on a Mac, but am wondering if there is a new version in the works. It certainly appears to be a Mac port, and licensed code base, of the British program 3DSOM from www.3dsom.com. Their newer version has some excellent new features, but is Windows-only. Will these be ported to a new version of Foto3D for the Mac?

adam_creative
Infrequent Poster

6 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  04:46:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes,

Some of the new 3DSOM toolset will likely be included in the next Foto3D release. Note that Foto3D is a lower priced version of 3DSOM technology aimed at the Strata userbase.

Sorry we can't be more specific at this stage.

-Adam

Creative Dimension Software Ltd
Go to Top of Page

Larry_S
Infrequent Poster

2 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  14:39:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adam_creative

Some of the new 3DSOM toolset will likely be included in the next Foto3D release. Note that Foto3D is a lower priced version of 3DSOM technology aimed at the Strata userbase.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply. If 3DSOM had a Mac OS X version, I would buy it in a heartbeat. While I could probably run it via Parallels or VM Ware in Windows, I'd much prefer to use it natively under Mac, which is why I'm using Foto3D.

Mostly, I'm looking for the features on http://www.3dsom.com/features/whatsnew.html but without Flash exports, as I will be using the exports via WebGL. The higher quality textures, higher triangle count, and more precise modeling via point clouds of 3DSOM are professional tools any 3D artist on a Mac would need. I'd pay $1000-1200 for these features in a Mac version.

I work extensively with fossils and full-scale dinosaurs, real and replicas (Archaeopteryx to T. rex). Modeling these items via photogrammetry techniques are the future of our business. So, I'd totally be up for testing any new Mac beta builds, signing any NDAs, etc.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

T_onda
Infrequent Poster

1 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2012 :  01:29:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought Foto3D SE from Mac App Store. I think it is a great application, and I like to buy pro version for work. However, I found out CX2 is already a few years old version. I would like to know if I should go ahead and buy it or wait for the new version to come out??

In addition, i thought it must be great if there's like "marker auto generation tool" or something like that on the newer version. (Not so much accuracy is needed, users can adjust.)

Edited by - T_onda on 09/11/2012 01:32:31
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000