Beware of email claiming to come from StrataCafe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Michael
Admin

Canada
2688 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  18:43:04  Show Profile  Visit Michael's Homepage  Send Michael an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The only email you should receive from StrataCafe is updates on forum topics, comments on your images, and password retrieval email, had you requested it.

I've seen a rash of email recently from stratalist@stratacafe.com. Please be aware that this address does not exist, and that the StrataCafe does not run the StrataList. No one should ask for your password, request that you update any settings, or any other administrative task.

Spoofing an email address is a very simple thing to do. Anyone with ASP, PHP, or other scripting experience can do it very, very easily. As much as I would like to prevent this type of spam, barring someone from pretending to be anyone they want to be on the internet is impossible.

In the future, if you are unsure of an email you have received from a stratacafe address, please contact me at michael@stratacafe.com, or support@stratacafe.com and check. Chances are, if it looks fishy, it probably is.

Michael Luscombe
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000