Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

blueorange
Infrequent Poster

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  16:07:21  Show Profile
How can I place artwork on both sides of a panel?

edragon73
Inquisitive

92 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2009 :  11:39:20  Show Profile  Click to see edragon73's MSN Messenger address
I came across the same problem here.
I don't think Enfold has this function... maybe on the next release.
Please correct me if anyone knows a way!

But, what i'll do is take the flat art of the box to Strata 3D (not enfold, the 3D program itself), apply the textures on both sides, burn UV and THEN fold using Strata's moddeling tools.
But since i never tried this, i'm going to post this matter on the Strata 3D forum (other than this Enfold) and see what people can help.

Erik.
Go to Top of Page

jpro
A Fountain of Information

USA
4991 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2009 :  12:36:30  Show Profile  Visit jpro's Homepage
You cannot UV map 2 different textures to opposite sides of the same surface.

Enfold creates an interior surface that would be useful for this, only problem being that it is exactly coincident with the exterior surface, so it doesn't do any good here, either.

On some (but not most) enfold projects you can use thickness or move normal or extrude normal to push the interior face inward a bit, but generally enfold meshes are not orderly enough for this to work.

If you fold a UV mapped plane into a box, as Erik began, then run thickness on it, the interior surface will have the exact same UVs as the exterior surface. From there, you would have to separate the interior surface from the exterior, making 2 different meshes, to be able to put a different texture on the interior. That is not difficult to do, but it is necessary.

The newly created faces that connect the interior to the exterior will not have UVs. If you need them to, you will need to separate those faces as well, and create yet another mesh with its own UVs. If you just need them to be a blank color, you can put that color at the lower left corner of your texture map, that's where UV-less polygons get their color from. If you put a spot of whatever color you want them to be in each corner of your image map, they will pick up that color without being contaminated by what's at the other corners.

Jean

Edited by - jpro on 08/24/2009 14:21:33
Go to Top of Page

rtcruz1
Infrequent Poster

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2013 :  13:14:37  Show Profile  Send rtcruz1 an AOL message
Yes—I would like to see this feature added to Enfold 3D as well. Double sided printing will allow me to use this app for mockups for brochures and other 2 sided print projects.

Any word on this being an update in the future?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000