Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hopper2
Regularly Helpful

USA
750 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  13:10:58  Show Profile
How do you manage the resolution of the texture map in Enfold to attain the higher quality and resolution in Strata 6? Can you render the box folding animation how?

Hopper

jpro
A Fountain of Information

USA
4991 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  13:56:42  Show Profile  Visit jpro's Homepage
Enfold has a limited export resolution. From my tests, the max appeared to be about 1000 x 1000 pixels. There is a technical reason for this limitation at this point in time, having to do with the U3d format.

If you need a higher resolution, you can build a new map based upon the original one. One way to do this is to send your image texture to Photoshop. Another is to initially open the U3D file in Photoshop, then send that to Strata. Either would require you making up your map as you always have, and matching its crop and scale to the U3D map.

Personally, I always do extensive color correction of my spot color label art in Photoshop before rendering, anyway. The enfold map is fine for preliminaries or aggregated packaging in displays, but may not be good enough for hero renderings.

I can't quite parse your second question.

Jean

Edited by - jpro on 06/15/2009 13:57:27
Go to Top of Page

Hopper2
Regularly Helpful

USA
750 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  14:05:33  Show Profile
Can you export the animation from Enfold, of the box folding, and then open it in StrataCX, with keyframes enact to then render a Quick time Movie?

Hopper
Go to Top of Page

jpro

USA
4991 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  14:31:43  Show Profile  Visit jpro's Homepage
Second question: not that I am aware of. My demo of Enfold has timed out, so I can't check any more.

One thing you could do if you just want the display you see in Illustrator is grab it with a screen capture application, such as Snapz Pro.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

Hopper2
Regularly Helpful

USA
750 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  14:39:40  Show Profile
Good thought! Thanks

Hopper
Go to Top of Page

nick orell
Infrequent Poster

22 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  10:12:38  Show Profile  Visit nick orell's Homepage
greetings. i am in the same boat as to increasing the resolution of the texture map generated by enfold. how would i get to that initial jpg? occasionally, a "temp.jpg" file pops up (by exporting a live 3D file) that i re-map in photoshop, using that as the essential template, but it seems that there are no set procedures for that map to show up. any settings suggestions? also, i am unable to open, import, or export the .u3D file in photoshop.

thank you, nick
Go to Top of Page

jpro

USA
4991 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  11:40:30  Show Profile  Visit jpro's Homepage
Nick, my earlier answers require Photoshop CS3 or CS4 extended, so if you don't have one of them, you can't do it that way.

After you open the file in Strata, you can find the image texture that uses that map, and open that texture's dialog. Click on the small image for the map you want to access, and it should open in the dialog where you can access the image.

In this dialog, set the view scale to 100%. This is important, don't skip it.

Now do command-c on Mac, or control-C on Windows to copy this image.

Switch to Photoshop and create a new document. With a little luck, Photoshop will offer to create a new document of the same size as the image back in Strata.

With the new document open, issue a paste command.

this is your image at the resolution you have so far. What I would do from here is resample this image to 200 or 400 percent, and then place a new version over it, in register, from the Illustrator art.

Jean

Edited by - jpro on 11/16/2009 11:52:44
Go to Top of Page

nick orell
Infrequent Poster

22 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  11:50:14  Show Profile  Visit nick orell's Homepage
aha! 100% copy from the texture palette! that works. thank you. exporting a live 3D file seemed to be a long, sometimes unsuccessful workaround.
i do the 2nd part already and it works out well- unless i have a somewhat high resolution texture on a strata file with alot of objects.... but that's "overkill" on my behalf.

thanks again! nick
Go to Top of Page

clintoss
Infrequent Poster

43 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  01:32:03  Show Profile
i've just read through the forum. Im having trouble rendering a high res version.

i've made the box in illustrator enfold. Brought it into strata. taken it to photoshop. Tried to drop the high res image over the box with vanishing point how ever the image drops down to lowres again.
When i send texturepaint to strata it still comes through lowres. When i render this using radiosity at 300dpi it's still low.
What am i doing wrong?
Go to Top of Page

Kevco
Admin

466 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  12:19:31  Show Profile
Check out the FAQ link below. Hopefully, this will help...

http://support.strata.com/index.php?action=show&cat=34
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000