Next Page
Author  Topic 
Page: of 2

Vojt
Inquisitive

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  09:22:32  Show Profile
Didn't know CX6 was coming out until I received power news today.

Don't see RenderPro on the website and I am totally dependent on it. Am I missing it or is it not going to be upgraded with the updated rendering engine? (Usually I am just missing something obvious!)

Vojt
Inquisitive

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  09:23:40  Show Profile
Sorry, should say I am out of the "loop" not look.
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson
A Fountain of Information

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  09:32:15  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
I'm sure RenderPro will be updated. One thing at a time.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Vojt
Inquisitive

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  09:59:46  Show Profile
Great! Purchasing the upgrade today. Looking forward to it.

cheers
Go to Top of Page

Martingreen
Infrequent Poster

21 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2009 :  06:26:43  Show Profile
Is there any kind of timescale for the updated RenderPro? We've bought Strata 6 for all our 3D machines here but can't use it as like Vojt we are dependent on distributing renders to other machines.
Thanks.
Martin
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2009 :  09:31:55  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
Nothing has been announced Martin, sorry.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
support (at) strata (d0t) com
Go to Top of Page

agdink
Infrequent Poster

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2009 :  10:47:15  Show Profile  Visit agdink's Homepage
In case it makes any difference, I'm another user that has purchased the new version of Strata, but really needs to have the RenderPro app updated for production. I made the mistake of creating a project in 6 (which was incompatible with 5.x because of the new materials) that had a short deadline and spent mad overtime hours babysitting my computer to get the renders out and edited on time. It was a close thing. I had counted on RenderPro working with 6 because your site is completely silent on the product and didn't say that they were incompatible. I ended up using some other 3D apps to render portions of the video because I didn't have time to wait for Strata (which I really LOVE the newest version of).

Just a thought that you might want to have the site admins at least mention it or just break the news to us users that it's gone so we can move on to other software packages that offer distributed network rendering. Even when the news is bad, communication is the key. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Martingreen
Infrequent Poster

21 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  08:01:39  Show Profile
Hi. Any news on this yet?

Could really do with using the software that we spent lots of money on back in the summer.

Thanks,
Martin

Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  08:36:00  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
Nothing yet, sorry.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Martingreen
Infrequent Poster

21 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  10:24:25  Show Profile
...but there must be some idea.....is it even in production yet? I mean what are we talking here, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, a year?
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  10:39:48  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
I have no answer for you. If I did I would have said something.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

eg
A Regular

132 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  07:32:46  Show Profile
okay, Strata 6.1 is out the door, and feels solid.

new 6.0 render engine , delivers.

requests list for 7.0 features on the go.

can anyone, say anything, on this product???

I've currently got 20+ workstations waiting for a net work solution (a lot of the renders contain, large, long UV map textures, so moving all the movie accepts to each station is a pipeline clogger.

the main reason I'm asking for news, or anything info on product status. is because we're in talk to build a Render Farm.

if any animations upgrades are planed , consider we need to render the frames( and HD size).
RenderPro is a must have for 2010. before Strata 7.0 comes out

thanks
eg

oh ya I'm still very happy with Strata, even if the maya people around me think i'm just off my rocker for not moving over.

Edited by - eg on 01/31/2010 07:43:54
Go to Top of Page

tbgriswold
Regularly Educational

USA
1383 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  12:48:06  Show Profile  Visit tbgriswold's Homepage
I've heard nothing, but it sure would be nice to see a network rendering solution. If you are really working toward a render farm, might there be a budget to hire someone to implement a a solution based on the scripting Strata did originally, but was broken as various upgrades to OSes happened over the years? I think that scripting is available as open source. I can remember if it was PHP or python or something else.

Or maybe Apple's network render solution "xgrid" could be adapted (I expect not, unless you are thinking about Apple Server racks or a lot of Mac Minis).

Britt
Go to Top of Page

eg
A Regular

132 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  02:52:29  Show Profile
i think it's python, for the drop tray

looked into xgrid for our After Effects renders.
I would like an, out of the box solution, for Starta renders

can't put any resources on scripting(of farm plans), without news on new the engine, and/or future plans.

thanks
eg

Go to Top of Page

Vojt
Inquisitive

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  07:59:32  Show Profile
Just want to second eg's comment that Render Pro is a must have because for all of the advantages of the great, amazing, fantastic new rendering speed I now have, not being able to render and work at the same time is an incredible bottleneck and productivity killer.
Go to Top of Page

alexng
A Regular

Netherlands
185 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  10:39:32  Show Profile  Visit alexng's Homepage
I am desperately waiting for an updated RenderPro also!

-Alexander.
Go to Top of Page

Vojt
Inquisitive

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  11:04:29  Show Profile
Have a big animation project and was just thinking it sure would be great to have RenderPro......

I do own two copies of 6.1 on two different computers. Is there a way to run both copies with different serial numbers on one Mac to emulate having RenderPro while we wait?
Go to Top of Page

Dragon1
Infrequent Poster

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  15:20:24  Show Profile
Render Pro as a render farm controller would make me extremely happy. One computer controlling any number of computers, hopefully taking advantage of older dual processor machines, as well as newer multi-core machines would be the "Cats' Meow!"
Go to Top of Page

MacSavers
A Regular

USA
302 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2010 :  13:49:58  Show Profile  Visit MacSavers's Homepage  Send MacSavers an AOL message  Click to see MacSavers's MSN Messenger address  Send MacSavers a Yahoo! Message
Wow, didn't realize this is still an issue. I know I've used RenderPro in the past. At this point, seems like it won't be around to version 7 at the earliest.
Go to Top of Page

alexng
A Regular

Netherlands
185 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  11:01:18  Show Profile  Visit alexng's Homepage
Any news????
November 2007 was the last update...!

-Alexander.
Go to Top of Page

Martingreen
Infrequent Poster

21 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  11:25:46  Show Profile
So it's been well over a year since Strata 6 came out -which I think is excellent BTW- and we effectively lost the use of distributed render. Is there any kind of news on when we might get it back either in the form of an updated RenderPro or as part of Strata 7?
We're due to update our machines here and a key productivity feature like distributed render would have an impact on what kind of machines we get.
Any help or indication at all would be appreciated.

Thanks

M
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic   
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000