How to keep a ui.Dialog always open?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

asouza
Infrequent Poster

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  10:40:30  Show Profile  Click to see asouza's MSN Messenger address
Hi guys, I will try to script a little, using the samples from Jon Bradley, and see what else can I do with Strata.

I am writing a scale converter and I would like to keep the dialog window always open (I will share the script as soon as it is done). Here how it works:
- using a dialog window, users can select what the measurement system they want to convert to (a radio box collects the selection)
- user informs the value to be converted
- user click CONVERT
- after calculations, the return should be an static text in the window informing the results (Alerts bother everybody and I like to keep the scale converter always open)

Problem currently is:
- [severe] how to keep the dialog window always open?

Any ideas on how to solve it?
Thanks a lot,
Alex

Edited by - asouza on 04/21/2009 14:53:08

strata_geek
Infrequent Poster

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2009 :  06:21:04  Show Profile  Visit strata_geek's Homepage
Sorry this response took so long to come Alex.

You can pass a callback function to the s3d.ui.Dialog Present method. It gets called for every control hit, including the buttons, so you can detect a button press and do whatever you'd like.

We're starting to fill in the scripting documentation now. Look here for more dialog examples and look here for the most recent Dialog class documentation.

-strata_geek
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000