Burn Deformation?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

studio309
A Regular

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2019 :  14:04:09  Show Profile  Visit studio309's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there a way to burn in the deformation made with a Deform Lattice?
Part 2: If so, is there a way to maintain all the textures in place?

I need to export a deformed model to Collada, keeping the deformation and textures. I'd like to burn in the deformation first and then export.

Jerry Russell
STUDIO 309
www.jerryrussell.com

Kevco
Admin

466 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2019 :  17:17:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, there is a way to burn the Deformation.

1. Select the object and Deformation lattice
2. Group them together
3. Convert the Group to a Polygon mesh.

To keep the texture, the texture must be applied to the Group, not to the base object being deformed by the Deformation Lattice.

Go to Top of Page

studio309
A Regular

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2019 :  18:46:12  Show Profile  Visit studio309's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you!

I thought that was it, but it wasn't working for some reason. Grouped and converted, the lattice disappeared from view, but was still nested in the Project Window / Object Properties. When I moved the model, without the DL being visible, the model un-deformed when I moved it away from the spot where the lattice was.

I had to group and then, group the group, a couple times, and then I was able to burn the deform, but the textures were all applied to subsets, so they didn't stay put.

I just reapplied them. I ended up improving the model geometry before I burned the deform, so it was a good, if mysterious exercise.

Jerry Russell
STUDIO 309
www.jerryrussell.com
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000