New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stratagizer
A Regular

USA
440 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2019 :  11:50:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a basic operation that I seem to have either forgotten or somehow not grasped:

No matter which active grid I select in the scenario, using the nudge-scale tool in poly edit mode produces the same effect. Not Sure how that can be. I toggled off Auto Grid in Prefs, but it makes no difference. My intent is to have the selected edges scale ONLY up/down -not side to side. I can't eem to achieve this using Nudge-Scale.

Also, I have tried posting questions on the Strata FB page, but they don't always get answered. Is this forum still active?

Thanks for your help.

This is the result I get no matter which active gird I select:

Image Insert:

24.11 KB

Image Insert:

82.31 KB

This is the result I was hoping for. I had to nudge the Move tool -for each edge separately.

Image Insert:

78.48 KB

Image Insert:

23.68 KB

Kevco
Admin

464 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2019 :  17:15:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What tool are you using. Some will restrict changes along the face, edge, vertex normal.

Or it could be that the Guide tool is on. This will be used instead of the active Grid when it is on.

Throwing out ideas here... Depending on the tool, you might have some tool settings that you could change to get a different result. Double-click the tool in the Tool palette will open the tool setting dialog, if that tool has any adjustment settings.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000