Light panel - ignore object?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

studio309
A Regular

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2019 :  15:22:12  Show Profile  Visit studio309's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey all,
I have a scene set up with 2 light panels. One is white, one is blue. I like the way they're lighting the subject, but I'd like to eliminate the blue cast from the seamless backdrop. Any way to have the blue panel ignore the seamless? I thought there was a way, but I can't remember, and I'm not finding it here in the forums.

Thanks!

Jerry Russell
STUDIO 309
www.jerryrussell.com

Kevco
Admin

465 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2019 :  12:45:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Select the blue panel and then go to Edit > Instance Properties... and see if Disabling/Enabling any of these render options will do the trick for you.
Go to Top of Page

studio309
A Regular

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2019 :  11:42:37  Show Profile  Visit studio309's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kevco

Select the blue panel and then go to Edit > Instance Properties... and see if Disabling/Enabling any of these render options will do the trick for you.

Thanks Kevko. I had tried that. No settings in there to have the glow panel not cast light on a particular object/group. I seem to remember a setting somewhere to do that, but haven't found it. Maybe it was in another 3D program.

Jerry Russell
STUDIO 309
www.jerryrussell.com
Go to Top of Page

Kevco
Admin

465 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2019 :  13:32:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are wanting the object to not receive light or to not cast a shadow?
Go to Top of Page

Kevco
Admin

465 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2019 :  13:38:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could you send the model file to the support email address and also do a rendering and annotate on it what you want to happen? That might help me to better understand what you are want to accomplish. Then I can see if and how it might be possible to do.
Go to Top of Page

studio309
A Regular

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2019 :  10:59:30  Show Profile  Visit studio309's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kevco

Are wanting the object to not receive light or to not cast a shadow?

I want the light panel to cast light (blue) on the objects in the scene but not on the floor.

Image Insert:

60.98 KB

Jerry Russell
STUDIO 309
www.jerryrussell.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000