Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stratagizer
A Regular

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2019 :  11:23:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have little experience with animated Fountain/Particle FX

I understand Collision Objects (very nice!) and appreciate that particles will bounce off the ground plane. In the case of a metal shaker, with perforated cap, could fountain particles (sea Salt Crystals) bounce around inside and occasionally exit the perforated holes, if the object was pointed towards the ground plane? I.e.: I would want the sea salt crystals to appear to be falling through the holes in the cap onto the ground plane.

And would Shake FX work best for this, or just change position of the shaker in the timeline? It would be best if the Shake movement could influence the Sea Salt particles exiting the shaker.

I suspect this animation might require somewhat complex setup.

Image Insert:

15.48 KB

Edited by - Stratagizer on 01/22/2019 11:25:00

tbgriswold
Regularly Educational

USA
1438 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2019 :  08:36:43  Show Profile  Visit tbgriswold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think you may be asking too much of Strata's particle system.
Britt
Go to Top of Page

studio309
A Regular

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2019 :  09:51:48  Show Profile  Visit studio309's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What if you had a separate (cloned) particle generator for each hole? Maybe set one up for one hole, that emits a few grains of salt, get that to work and then duplicate it for each hole... adjusting some of the settings to randomize the flow.
Just a thought ...

Jerry Russell
STUDIO 309
www.jerryrussell.com
Go to Top of Page

Stratagizer
A Regular

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2019 :  11:50:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I made some test animations. The particles flow so quickly from the construction object, that you don't really notice that they're not flowing through the holes. But . . .
1. I can't seem to make the spray wide enough. The particles emanate from the center of a Construction Sphere (fairly large) And I made the cone angle very wide.
2. particles(spheres) are not bouncing of the collision object (ground) I tried using a Ground Plane, but that didn't work so I created a new ground from geometry (designated collision object). Still no bounce.
The Shake FX works well!
Go to Top of Page

Stratagizer
A Regular

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2019 :  14:21:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
excellent idea -thanks

quote:
Originally posted by Stratagizer

I made some test animations. The particles flow so quickly from the construction object, that you don't really notice that they're not flowing through the holes. But . . .
1. I can't seem to make the spray wide enough. The particles emanate from the center of a Construction Sphere (fairly large) And I made the cone angle very wide.
2. particles(spheres) are not bouncing of the collision object (ground) I tried using a Ground Plane, but that didn't work so I created a new ground from geometry (designated collision object). Still no bounce.
The Shake FX works well!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000