New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stratagizer
A Regular

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2018 :  16:45:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I downloaded a human figure from Turbosquid. Figure looks good, but is not textured, mapped etc. when imported into Strata.(I tried obj and 3ds) Is there a way to open or import with texture mapping etc. in place? The model I purchased is available in the following formats:
3ds
fbx
obj
mtl
STL
And one folder that has a suffix: textures.rar (textures)
I'm not proficient enough with UV mapping to apply image maps correctly. Am hoping there's a workflow to open/import figure with texture mapping applied.
The textures folder contains these files:

Image Insert:

28.25 KB

Kevco
Admin

455 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2018 :  09:38:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The OBJ setup requires the .obj, .mtl and the texture map files to be available. The MTL file will tell you the path to the texture maps this is wanted. The path to the textures in the MTL file can be edited is needed.

If you'd like to send the file(s) to support then we could take a look at it and see what you might need to do to get the file imported.
Go to Top of Page

Stratagizer
A Regular

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2018 :  12:26:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kevin. I submitted a conversion request to Turbosquid.

Is this forum still be watched by the expert users, or is it all FB now? I joined the FB Strata Design 3D User Group.
Go to Top of Page

Kevco
Admin

455 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2018 :  13:56:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some users are still lurking here, but most have moved over to the FB Strata Design 3D User Group.
Go to Top of Page

tbgriswold
Regularly Educational

USA
1436 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2018 :  15:09:22  Show Profile  Visit tbgriswold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am thinking you need to correct the path names inside the mtl file to make the OBJ work properly. Or you can make the path name of your texture files work with what is already inside the mtl file. You can open an mtl file with a simple text editor and do a search for the your texture names to see what is the path.

Britt
Go to Top of Page

Stratagizer
A Regular

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2018 :  15:18:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are no mtl files. Just tga. I have requested an obj with mtl mapped image files. I hope thatís the correct request
Go to Top of Page

tbgriswold
Regularly Educational

USA
1436 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2018 :  16:36:54  Show Profile  Visit tbgriswold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like the right request. But the list you gave us in the first email lists mtl as part of the purchase. mtl are small text files, not TGA image files. I would not necessarily expect to find them inside the Texture folder.

Britt

Edited by - tbgriswold on 10/03/2018 16:40:53
Go to Top of Page

Stratagizer
A Regular

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2018 :  11:08:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Turbosquid remapped the model. After importing the .obj file I was prompted for the 2 .tga files. All loaded quickly, and in position. But there are some odd anomalies in what I'm guessing is the diffuse texture map. Mapping error? Any thoughts on the appearance of the mapping in this render?

Edit: This looks like a 3D scan. Perhaps not a high end production, as her pants belt is obviously missing, and the top button is not fastened. But without the blotchy anomalies, this would be perfectly adequate for my Arch-Vis.

Thanks.

Image Insert:

41.42 KB

Image Insert:

42.73 KB

Image Insert:

52.5 KB

Edited by - Stratagizer on 10/08/2018 11:40:38
Go to Top of Page

Stratagizer
A Regular

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2018 :  16:06:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found the error. The texture opacity was set to 0 by default. I have no experience with imported 3D stock models in Strata, and I found the error by checking the texture settings.. All good now.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000