New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stratagizer
A Regular

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2018 :  10:26:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm working on a poster that will require rendering 7500x5600 pixel images. It's a fairly simple model, but I'm impressed at how FAST it renders, and how WELL! (I'm rendering with the Soft Shadows render setting with detail bumped up a bit) Image looks beautiful! The file renders in about 20min.

There is some odd behavior, which I'm attributing to the extremely high pixel count. I can render & save the image, but the rendered image which defaults to "Untitled Snapshot" doesn't display the filename change onscreen after saving. (The saved image does appear in the proper folder, and is perfect) But the app seems to be confused after saving. Is there any special procedure for rendering an ultra high res image? This file renders so quickly that I don't use a render queue, I just render straight to disk from the render command. Photoshop requires use of their Large Document Format (PSB) for ultra high res files. Is there an equivalent for Strata? (I'm saving the files as 16bit PSD files 7500x5600 pixels)
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000