Making Keyframes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MacSavers
A Regular

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2018 :  11:52:57  Show Profile  Visit MacSavers's Homepage  Send MacSavers an AOL message  Click to see MacSavers's MSN Messenger address  Send MacSavers a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, I realize it's been a while since I did an animation in Strata, but I could have sworn that if you moved the playhead to a frame, then changed something in the main window, Strata would automatically create a keyframe at the point in the timeline.

However, when I try that technique today, nothing happens. I cannot find a way to create a keyframe. All I'm trying to do is rotate something. I've done this time and time again, but before version 8.

Anyone know how to create a keyframe in version 8?

tbgriswold
Regularly Educational

USA
1429 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2018 :  11:59:15  Show Profile  Visit tbgriswold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Activate the stopwatch of the attribute(s) you want to animate in the Project window.

Britt
Go to Top of Page

MacSavers
A Regular

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2018 :  12:04:18  Show Profile  Visit MacSavers's Homepage  Send MacSavers an AOL message  Click to see MacSavers's MSN Messenger address  Send MacSavers a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I found that but it appears to be very finicky. If I click it, then rotate my item, it doesn't make a keyframe. I had to rotate it, then click the stopwatch, then rotate it back to the origin point while at the first frame to get a keyframe to start, then I could move the timeline to the next point and rotate the item. That seemed to do it, but man, that's a far cry from how easy it used to be.
Go to Top of Page

tbgriswold
Regularly Educational

USA
1429 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2018 :  12:33:36  Show Profile  Visit tbgriswold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep, that is a decision made by the coding team to minimize attributes attache to objects. What you did is pretty normal for getting the rotate attribute activated.

Britt
Go to Top of Page

Wally_B
A Regular

USA
451 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2018 :  05:10:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't used version 8.... but I know that in 7.5, you could go into the preferences and turn on the "auto-keyframe" option, allowing you to get the behavior that you're describing...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000