Solid objects that do not block light
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mguilfoile
Infrequent Poster

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2018 :  08:30:47  Show Profile  Visit mguilfoile's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I seem to remember in one version of Strata 3D I could create a ceiling that would not block the spotlights (or any lights) that were placed above it. The reason it is important is that I have a "bird's eye" view of a museum gallery that is well lit, but when I add the ceiling back (for eye level views) the ceiling blocks the light and the room is dark. I seem to remember a setting on the Project Window that allowed the light to transmit. I thought it was as simple as turning off the shadows icon, but that didn't seem to work. Is this still possible in the latest version of Strata 3D CX? I can render it twice and compose it in Photoshop, but was still wondering if there was a way to do this trick in Strata.

Thanks,
mguilfoile

tbgriswold
Regularly Educational

USA
1413 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2018 :  10:18:21  Show Profile  Visit tbgriswold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It depends on what you are trying to create visually as to how you tackle this issue. Lights can be set not to cast shadows, and objects can be assigned properties to make them invisible or not cast shadows (Edit/Instance Properties).

Britt
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000