Strata 32 bit support
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filbert
A Regular

USA
255 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2017 :  12:50:09  Show Profile  Visit filbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What does Strata plan to do? See link...

https://www.cultofmac.com/490244/high-sierra-will-last-macos-release-support-32-bit-apps/

Strata Design 3D CX 8:

Version: 8.2.2
Obtained from: Identified Developer
Last Modified: 11/13/17, 3:08 PM
Kind: Intel
64-Bit (Intel): No
Signed by: Developer ID Application: Corastar Inc. (6TC97CLTQ3), Developer ID Certification Authority, Apple Root CA
Get Info String: 8.2.2, Copyright Strata Mixed Reality, Inc. 2003-2017

filbert

Remember, your only as good as your last image.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
10.12.6 Sierra

filbert
A Regular

USA
255 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2018 :  14:03:31  Show Profile  Visit filbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just got a email from Strata's home forum support page where I asked the same question I did here about Apple and 64 bit app compatibility in the near future. Strata stated that my 64bit question was "Resolved" and closed due to inactivity. Well firstly it was not resolved and Strata never even replied to it! So can ANYBODY chime in and tell me what Strata intends to do?

filbert

4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
10.12.6 Sierra
Go to Top of Page

Wally_B
A Regular

USA
451 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2018 :  09:17:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, judging from Strata's communication over the last couple of years, it looks like they are shying away from large, sweeping updates... that's what's keeping them from improving the Projects palette and UI. I don't personally have an expectation that they were planning to do it any time soon, but the only way to confirm that is to hear from them.

Whether or not this will actually affect the app, as it runs in the OS is another question...who knows.

I know Strata takes a very tight-lipped approach in their development, which is fine... I've stopped pushing them for updates. But I think they take their zero communication policy a bit too far. It would be cool to hear from them. It's been an extremely long time since the last Design 3D update.
Go to Top of Page

filbert
A Regular

USA
255 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2018 :  19:08:44  Show Profile  Visit filbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm afraid that Strata's lack of input and innovation has torqued off users enough, that like me, they may never come back. I've been using Blender for all my paying jobs and since I've gotten used to all the tool panels, things are rendering quite nicely, and workflow has greatly improved.
Strata's got to come up with a massive improvement with the interface and fix the rigging aspect before I ever go back.

filbert

4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
10.12.6 Sierra
Go to Top of Page

Wally_B
A Regular

USA
451 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2018 :  07:55:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by filbert

I'm afraid that Strata's lack of input and innovation has torqued off users enough, that like me, they may never come back.

Yeah, I don't think that this necessarily matters to them unfortunately. It looks like they have a handful of commercial studio clients that rely on Strata for their VR product or other specific applications of their software. If I had to guess, it seems like they're probably able to stay in business by supporting these clients with development specific to their needs. They most likely don't need to continue regular development of the main Strata app.

If that's true, it stinks for the people who still want to use Strata, but there's no way to know.

Edited by - Wally_B on 02/01/2018 07:56:16
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000