New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John Bailey
Infrequent Poster

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  13:33:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a licensed copy of Strata Design 3D CX 8 on a Mac running 10.9.5. The entire FILE menu is grayed out, so I can't save as, import, etc... Has anyone had this problem and is there a fix?

tbgriswold
Regularly Educational

USA
1387 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  14:24:37  Show Profile  Visit tbgriswold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This was happening at some point, but does not seem to be a problem in 8.2 I do not know th reason why it was happening.

Britt
Go to Top of Page

Kevco
Admin

428 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  14:30:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the exact version of Design 3D CX 8 that you are using?

Use "Get Info" on the Application to see the exact version number.

Go to Top of Page

John Bailey
Infrequent Poster

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  14:43:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Oddly enough after I did that the menu is working again. I wonder if it had something to do with activation, although I've been using this since early Spring.
Go to Top of Page

Kevco
Admin

428 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  15:25:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the New Project dialog is open then the Application menus will not be activated. Clicking "Cancel" in the New Project dialog, dismisses it. No project is created. However, the "New Project" and "Open" File menu options will be enabled, leaving the other command disabled (grayed out) until an existing project is opened or a new empty project is created.

If you click "New Empty Project" in the New Project dialog, or File menu, the menu commands for the modeling view(s) will be enabled. Some menu items will remain disabled (grayed out), however, until the right scenario is met, such as when an object is selected at which point the menu commands available to be performed on that particular object type will then be turned on.

This you probably already know having used the software for a while. However, I thought it would be good to mention these situations for others that might encounter this situation and read this discussion.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000