Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gokererdogan
Infrequent Poster

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2012 :  20:34:43  Show Profile
Hi,
I need to render a lot of images of an object from different angles for a research project.
I was looking for a function that can render from the view of a camera with given render settings and save the rendered 2D image to a folder.
Is such a functionality supported by the scripting interface?
If so, where should I put my code so that I can generate many images in a for loop?

I have read the online manual and think that there may be such a function in render namespace but it does not have explanations of functions. I've been trying to figure this out from the manual for a while but it seems impossible.

I really appreciate any help.
Thanks.

Kevco
Admin

416 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2012 :  19:02:55  Show Profile
There is something that might help. We are trying to pull together this information. Once we have it ready we'll post it here.
Go to Top of Page

Kevco
Admin

416 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2012 :  17:35:21  Show Profile
What exact version of Design 3D CX do you have?
Go to Top of Page

Kevco
Admin

416 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2012 :  18:37:16  Show Profile
Hi, here is what I've been able to pull together to hopefully help with what you are wanting to do.

It sounds like you will want to script the camera. Or you might want to script a proxy object and link a camera to that. Any camera changes other than position will require scripting the camera. In any case you might be better off rendering all the frames as an animation and saving that either as a QuickTime movie or as a sequence of images to one of the 2D image formats (JPEG, PNG, TIFF, PSD, etc.).

Have a look at this page, and follow the links to the scripting reference:
http://sites.google.com/site/stratausersupport/Home/strata-design-3d-cx-scripting

You'll actually find the camera object methods listed on this page, but it isn't an easy read:
http://sites.google.com/site/stratausersupport/Home/strata-design-3d-cx-scripting/strata-design-3d-cx-scripting--reference/strata-design-3d-cx-lua-runtime--s3d/s3d-database#TOC-Camera-derived-from-s3d.database.Directional-

Note that derived classes inherit the methods of the parent class.

Also, if you are using Design 3D CX 7, take a look at the Match Motion scripts. Match Motion manipulates the camera in a way that you might find helpful.

You can find the Match Motion scripts inside the Design 3D CX 7 bundle package ( Select Design 3D CX 7 and right click to select "Show Package Content". Then follow this path to the Match Motion Lua scripts: Contents/Scripts/MatchMove/ ).

I hope this information proves helpful to you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000