StrataCafe Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 StrataCafe
 Strata Design 3D CX
 Design 3D 8.0 - What would you like to see?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Stratagizer
A Regular

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2012 :  13:22:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. SSS
2. Improved displacement
3. Brush on deformers/textures
Go to Top of Page

tbgriswold
Regularly Educational

USA
1387 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2012 :  13:48:06  Show Profile  Visit tbgriswold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A mesh rendering texture, with some render option controls. Wireframe rendering does not cut it...

Britt
Go to Top of Page

pgrimaldi
Infrequent Poster

France
18 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2012 :  08:14:34  Show Profile  Visit pgrimaldi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1-Replicate on surface
2-ZBrush import
3-SSS
4- ...

Patrick Grimaldi

G5 - MacBookPro
Adobe Suite CS4, Strata Design 3d cx6, ZBrush 3
http://www.patrickgrimaldi.net
Go to Top of Page

bbible
A Regular

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  08:21:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. Continued improvement on the UV edit/burn feature that was added with 7.

2. 'Optimize all' feature for textures.

- Brad
Go to Top of Page

jpro
A Fountain of Information

USA
4991 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  09:56:17  Show Profile  Visit jpro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Brad, what would "optimize all" actually do?

Jean
Go to Top of Page

dannepop
Regularly Educational

Sweden
1078 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  04:43:13  Show Profile  Visit dannepop's Homepage  Click to see dannepop's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
1. GoZ support to ZBrush. Pixologic already has a SDK for this.
2. SSS
3. Arrow navigation in the modeling window.

Danne
Strata 3D CX 7 - MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz Intel Core i7 - OSX 10.7.1 - 8Gig Ram - Intel HD Graphics 3000
AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1 GB GDDR5 - 128 GB SSD
"The problem with knowing what we want is we just might get it."
Go to Top of Page

colorjaws
A Regular

205 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  10:57:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Improvement in the selection tool:
- save selection
- undo "un-selection" the retrieve a misplaced click
Go to Top of Page

jpro

USA
4991 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  12:08:55  Show Profile  Visit jpro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
colorjaws, you know you can already save face selections, right?

We canot yet save vertex and edge selections, which would be a nice addition.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

bbible
A Regular

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  13:34:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jpro

Brad, what would "optimize all" actually do?

Jean

Would be nice to have a feature that would compress textures so that high res textures could be used for detail render and then compressed for export to other formats (eg web/PDF) if needed. Sorry for being vague.

- Brad
Go to Top of Page

bbible
A Regular

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  13:36:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about direct export to .U3D?

- Brad
Go to Top of Page

polliao
Infrequent Poster

China
47 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  23:10:01  Show Profile  Visit polliao's Homepage  Send polliao a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
What about SCALING function? say, SCALE 1:2, SCALE 1/4"= 1' and so on! Esp. for bigger modeling.

naphaboc
Go to Top of Page

jpro

USA
4991 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  23:35:57  Show Profile  Visit jpro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
polliao, we have always been able to set arbitrary scaling. Check your units settings. However, be a little careful with this right now, there may be a bug in there.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

night
Infrequent Poster

23 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2012 :  17:28:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ZBrush import
SSS
Go to Top of Page

colorjaws
A Regular

205 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2012 :  03:44:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jpro

colorjaws, you know you can already save face selections, right?

We canot yet save vertex and edge selections, which would be a nice addition.

Jean

Hi, no sorry I looked in the menus but didn't find any thing....
Go to Top of Page

jpro

USA
4991 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2012 :  10:00:47  Show Profile  Visit jpro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
colorjaws, open your user guide and read about texture subsets.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

colorjaws
A Regular

205 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2012 :  11:02:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the help, but sad You can't call it form the selection menu...
Go to Top of Page

jpro

USA
4991 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2012 :  11:55:55  Show Profile  Visit jpro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you can't do whole-object subsets, it is a function available while editing a polygon mesh (only), so it would not be in appropriate to put it in a general selection menu.

unfortunately, as the program becomes more complex and incorporates more of the features we want, we are going to have to read the documentation to learn what's there and how to use special features like this. It would be great if every feature were immediately discoverable from the main menus, but that isn't really possible. Read the manual. ;) Or at the very least, the new features and release notes.

I'm going to check with Strata and be sure this feature has been properly highlighted in their materials, because you are the second one who has asked for this existing feature in the next version. It is a little surprising to me how many requests in this thread are for features that are already there.

Jean

Edited by - jpro on 10/16/2012 11:56:22
Go to Top of Page

colorjaws
A Regular

205 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2012 :  03:54:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes you are right everybody should read the manual ;). But I am one of those impatient person that wants to play with his new toy before reading something :D, bad habit I know...

I have a thought and not a critic, but I saw the video presentation of the new cinema4D R14, and when you see how the communicate you have in a video a quick look of the new features explained. I know there is strataUniv and I go a lot to learn new stuff, but if you want to learn strata you have to pay 180$/year, not that expensive, but paying to know what is new, doesn't feels commercially right :). What I want to say is that it's sad that strata is just presenting his products to people that doesn't know Strata and not to people that do know strata.

When selling a new program they should communicate why we should upgrade, I Upgraded from 5.05 to 6.2 to 7 because on this forum and on strataUniv they have well sold the new products (and that I really need the new features) not because strata was communicating on the product.

To respond on the fact that the program can't put every option in the menu I do not agree. The selection menu of strata counts 12 items. I work every day with illustrator where we have 11 items with 2 sub menu's that have also 11 options (more or less). What they do at Adobe is putting every option in the menu, this gives a great overview of what we can do with AI. Some options are only available when selecting some objects, path... But at least we see they exist...

I love strata I am stunned by what I see on the gallery and every new version is better and better... So keep going, and trying to makes thing better :)
Go to Top of Page

Hopper2
Regularly Helpful

USA
742 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2012 :  08:17:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A bridge, plugin or some sort of partnership with hdrlightstudio would be fantastic.

Hopper

Hopper
Go to Top of Page

Wodan
A Regular

Belgium
190 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2012 :  07:28:22  Show Profile  Visit Wodan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would suggest to expand the functionality of the Numeric Feedback of the Button Bar with realtime info like the number of selected vertices, lines ...

I've noticed the lack of feedback when trying to figure out wether two vertices are in the same location... now I marque select around suspected double vertices and see if the Weld function is available in the contextual menu.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000