Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nick orell
Infrequent Poster

22 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2011 :  08:33:27  Show Profile  Visit nick orell's Homepage
this could be an easy setting fix.

when i updated to CS5, whenever i save my folded up .box file, there is a shift from the locked dieline box layer from the rest of the layers on the file. is there a setting here that sets default coordinates or something? it's not too big of a deal to shift all of the other layers to match up with the .box layer, but would like to solve this one instead of doing a workaround. thanks for the input-

nick

bbible
A Regular

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2011 :  15:35:25  Show Profile
I'm not trying to hijack your post but I ran into a similar problem.

I did the CS5 update too - my IT guy swore that Enfold would not work with it so he downloaded the latest update to it and updated my version in CS4. Now everytime I save a folded BOX file in CS4 all the art is shifted slightly like you described.

In the past if I had this problem - or if it was something that I messed up - all I had to do was to click the Selection Tool -> Move Structural Design Tool -> and adjust the placement of the structure to fit the art. However this will not work now. As soon as I move the structure the 3D BOX (art and everything) disappears from the Enfold 3D View Tab leaving the sentence: The document does not have an Enfold 3D Box File.
I can try placing the box file back into the document but the art will be off again so it is pointless.

Anyone else running into this issue with the dielines?

- Brad
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

11 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2011 :  12:39:27  Show Profile
Nick,
When you create and fold a box based on die-lines (your own drawing or placed dxf), the box is placed centered in the Illustrator Artboard.

This means that if the die-lines (or dxf) were centered towards the Artboard the box will be placed on the same spot and everything will still be aligned.

If however the artboard needs to be bigger then the die-lines and you want to avoid aligning after folding, then centering all artwork towards the artboard before folding needs to be done.

Julie A.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

11 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2011 :  12:41:20  Show Profile
Brad,

We haven't heard of this problem before, can you please contact Strata Support directly at support (at) strata (dot) com?

Julie A.
Go to Top of Page

bbible
A Regular

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2011 :  14:02:33  Show Profile
Julie,

I got your email, I will reply momentarily.

- Brad
Go to Top of Page

ChristianGMoore
A Regular

USA
171 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  11:35:25  Show Profile  Visit ChristianGMoore's Homepage
I have had the same thing happen to me with CS4. Doesn't happen all the time, but on occasion it has. Not sure why. I would be unable to replicate the issue.

Christian Moore
www.christianmoore.com
Go to Top of Page

bbible
A Regular

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2011 :  11:56:48  Show Profile
Christian, am thinking my problem and yours are them same, and after talking to Julie I think I've resolved most of my issues.

When using Enfold the die line needs to be centered in the artboard - either cropped to the dieline or just centered perfectly otherwise that mismatch can occur - even if your art and dieline are lined up right on the screen.

- Brad
Go to Top of Page

ChristianGMoore
A Regular

USA
171 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2011 :  11:04:06  Show Profile  Visit ChristianGMoore's Homepage
Seems a bit odd that is has to be in the center. Nice fix for it though.

Christian Moore

Strata ProSkills Class
This April 13-15th in Philadelphia.
Go to www.christianmoore.com for more information!
Go to Top of Page

nick orell
Infrequent Poster

22 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2011 :  09:13:34  Show Profile  Visit nick orell's Homepage
hey- thanks for the replies.
yes, over time, i did notice that illustrator seems to center the .box file in the artboard by default. if this is indeed the case, it would be nice if that can be "turned off", as i deal with standardized files from other departments that don't originate their dielines to be centered. so my workaround is to just make a copy, and re-center all of the art after it is folded than to add a new procedure in the pipeline- but that does cause a bit of filing coordination and confusion.

so- can the default to center the .box file be somehow "overrode" would be my question....

nick
Go to Top of Page

frestyl
Infrequent Poster

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  10:25:01  Show Profile  Visit frestyl's Homepage  Send frestyl an AOL message
Nick I have not found anything like that.

I have is a used the "Move Structural Design" tool in Illustrator CS 5 with Esko's tool kits, and everything worked as it should, no lost links to the SD files. However as it works with Esko's kits It will not work with the Strata Enfold files. I will move an Enfold box line but after that the link is broken.

Not sure what licensing arrangement Strata and Esko have but I would hope Strata would be ridding a little closer to Esko when it comes to updates.

A new issue that I have found in CS 5.5 is when I use the artboard Rotation buttons the link to my .box file is broken. Has anyone else had this problem?
Go to Top of Page

bbible
A Regular

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  14:58:34  Show Profile
That has been a standard problem. Movement that you make to the die layer will sometimes make the preview 3D image disappear from the Enfold 3D View (Window).

The quick fix is to simply click on the 'Place a Box File' link in Enfold 3D View and re-import your Enfold 3D .Box file and it should place it back into the file correctly as you had it.

- Brad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000