Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dynamite
A Regular

Canada
302 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  18:48:34  Show Profile
Is it possible to animate texture position? I'm trying to animate a surface that's being painted on with a roller. The surface before the roller is one dull color and the surface after the roller is a bright color and "wet looking". I thought I could create both textures on the same photoshop file and import it into Strata. I could then animate the position of the texture as the roller is going over the surface.

Brian Lawson
A Fountain of Information

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  20:39:20  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
Yes you can animate a Texture's position.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Dynamite
A Regular

Canada
302 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  22:56:43  Show Profile
Brian,

Thanks again for the info. But unfortunately, it doesn't work. Because when the texture is moving in the animation, we actually see it moving, which is not good. I need another way to animate the roller applying paint. So if you have any idea how this could be done, let me know. If anyone else wants to rack their brains, ideas are welcome.
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson
A Fountain of Information

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  23:10:28  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
What about using your Photoshop file(s) to create an animation of the texture change then apply that as an animated texture rather than trying to animate the texture's position.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Dynamite
A Regular

Canada
302 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  23:17:37  Show Profile
This good work! It's worth trying. Thanks and GOOD NIGHT!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000