Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Noel Kuck
Infrequent Poster

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2002 :  06:29:34  Show Profile
I can't get started with the application. I am attempting to feed from a VCR deck and when I try to change the source in the digitizing window (presuming that I need to do so) the prgram doesn't respond (spinning watch). How do I do a simple(?) feed from the VCR?

Edited by - roger on 09/07/2002 07:27:01

roger
Regularly Educational

USA
1922 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2002 :  07:29:12  Show Profile  Visit roger's Homepage
Hi Noel,
I moved this into the DV forum, you'll get a better response here.

what platform are you using? mac or PC? what sort of interface or card do you have? USB, Dazzle, etc...

let us know and we can figure it out!

welcome to the café!

:¬)>

Edited by - roger on 09/07/2002 07:30:06
Go to Top of Page

Noel Kuck
Infrequent Poster

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2002 :  09:01:13  Show Profile
Thanks for the maintenance of the post. I am on a G4 Mac with a USB VideoBus (Belkin). Currently running OSX 10.2, but the VideoShop runs native under OS9. I waited for a longer period after attempting to select the VCR source, and it finally recognized the selection but still no confirmation of any signal input.
Go to Top of Page

Noel Kuck
Infrequent Poster

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2002 :  13:13:17  Show Profile
What is the NTHackTV application. Is that where I am experiencing the problems? Running in native OS9.2 the app is so s l o w that it take 5-10 minutes between screen/menu selections to see a response. Once I was patient enough to hold out to the end and clicked on the OK only to have the program close down.

Edited by - Noel Kuck on 09/07/2002 14:11:23
Go to Top of Page

roger
Regularly Educational

USA
1922 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2002 :  15:25:17  Show Profile  Visit roger's Homepage
gee, Noel, I don't know. which version of Videoshop do you have? I have an the old 4.5, so maybe some things are different. I am mostly using iMovie for the simple movies I'm doing, so I haven't cracked open Videoshop for awhile.
strangely enough, when the mouse is in the menu bar I often get the spinning watch, but it allows me to do whatever, not slowing things down at all. it just likes to spin, I guess! sounds like yours is not letting you do that, eh?

another thought: when you open a new project, what settings are you using? not sure, but maybe there's something in there...

for me, I just start smacking buttons and see what happens!

maybe try opening the digitizing window, starting the vcr playing a tape, and see what you get. I use(or did, before I got my digital video camera) an Interview USB interface, and that was recognized immediately. you might also experiment with the order that you start things up: open videoshop, then plug in the Belkin. then try vice-versa.

I'm just sitting here hoping someone is going to pop in here and help you more than I am!

anyway, keep us posted...

:¬)>
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000