VideoShop 4.5.1 Question
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Andycon
Infrequent Poster

3 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2002 :  16:32:31  Show Profile
My problem is, I can fully edit my project. But I can never get it to save. I go to the 'save as movie' option and fallow all the steps in the instructions.
But when I hit save it brings up the little gauge that shows how much is left to save, and it just sits there. It will start off with 1/8th of an inch already
filled up, then my cursor turns to a watch and it just sits there and doesnt move. I have even tried leaving it like that over night and it still doesnt move. Im running on a 400MHz G4 so I dont think its the computers fault.

I had read somewhere that this program has some problems with Quicktime 5.0 (which I have loaded right now) Could this be a possible cause to my problem?Should I downgrade to 4.0? Thanks in advance

-Andy

3dtodd
A Regular

USA
431 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  02:05:58  Show Profile  Visit 3dtodd's Homepage
Andycon,

Part of the problem may be Quicktime. You should still be able to produce a movie though. I am waiting for my Strata DVpro v.5 to arrive since it's the latest version of what was VideoShop. That way I don't have to worry about future dealings with Quicktime files.

Another thing you might try is to assign more memory to VideoShop. Go to the main icon for VideoShop in its folder in your hard drive, highlight it and type - CMD+"I". This opens the information window. Choose "Memory" from the drop down menu. Note the "preferred" size and the actual size. Change it to at least as much as the Preferred size. And try your project again. Let us know what you experience.

Todd Groves
No matter where you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

Andycon
Infrequent Poster

3 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  08:18:12  Show Profile
Sadly I have tried both of those thing (downgrading to QT 4.1.2 and changing tthe memory size) and I still have the problem. I've e-mailed Tech support and they told me to click 'smart mixdown' off, that still didnt work. So now Im awaiting their responce as too what I should do next. Thanks for your help though

Andy

Go to Top of Page

3dtodd
A Regular

USA
431 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2002 :  17:43:18  Show Profile  Visit 3dtodd's Homepage
Good luck, Andy.

Todd Groves
No matter where you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

Andycon
Infrequent Poster

3 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  16:40:27  Show Profile
Well i figured it out finally. Turns out Im a moron. The probelem was that the audio track i had for my project was a MP3. That caused the problem. So I changed that all around and turned the mp3 into a AIFF and it works fine.
Go to Top of Page

roger
Regularly Educational

USA
1922 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  16:59:43  Show Profile  Visit roger's Homepage
glad to hear it, Andy! (not that you're a moron )
I've been following your troubles but didn't have anything to offer...
it's often those simple things that hang us up the most.

:)>
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000