Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DJLEX
A Regular

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  18:10:21  Show Profile  Visit DJLEX's Homepage
Have an idea for a script? Post it here.

amsdirector
A Regular

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  15:05:24  Show Profile  Visit amsdirector's Homepage
-matchmoving?
...emm...let me see..

-improved particle system (f.ex. the spinning particles in "Fountain" drive me crazy sometimes..)...but I've already read the stuff on how to make random replications... sounds like a great alternative...
-importing other file types (perhaps including textures...)
-expressions?
-ill get some more nasty ideas...

http://www.geocities.com/desperate_minds

Edited by - amsdirector on 06/16/2006 15:11:09
Go to Top of Page

Antaguar
A Regular

Germany
112 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  16:56:11  Show Profile  Visit Antaguar's Homepage
What about reactions to collisions ? How can collisions be detected with the script system ? We could produce reactions to collisions like jiggle or deform.

I think this forum will be a nice place not only for designers but also for programmers and physicists. Lots of animation features require some classical mechanics. I do hope that with an excellent manual we will soon have some exciting new resources.
Scripting could result in a vast enlargement of the strata community as it will be a playground also for people who are less gifted in creating excellent images (like me :-) but who love to progam physical effects and see them work.

- Benny (Bernd Gutmann)

Strata 3.9 / Win98
Strata CX5 / Win2000
Go to Top of Page

jbradley
Inquisitive

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  09:09:05  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Antaguar

What about reactions to collisions ? How can collisions be detected with the script system ? We could produce reactions to collisions like jiggle or deform.

I think this forum will be a nice place not only for designers but also for programmers and physicists. Lots of animation features require some classical mechanics. I do hope that with an excellent manual we will soon have some exciting new resources.
Scripting could result in a vast enlargement of the strata community as it will be a playground also for people who are less gifted in creating excellent images (like me :-) but who love to progam physical effects and see them work.

In one of the other topics, I did post up a quick response on collisions. It's something I'll have to look into.

Handling collisions with deforming geometry through scripting will be incredibly inefficient, if it can be done. I would definitely not suggest it. Collisions that are handled by bounding box (ie, not explicit geometry) could be done quite easily, but once you get to dealing with geometry, I'm pretty sure it would be quite painful. This can be said for all scripting languages - they're just not up to that complex of a task. That's a job for a C/C++ plugin.

Jon Bradley
Animator / VFX Artist
Go to Top of Page

kata
A Regular

Canada
421 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  13:29:00  Show Profile  Send kata an AOL message
distribute items evenly, like the align menu

Later
Eric
Go to Top of Page

jbradley
Inquisitive

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  15:38:31  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by kata

distribute items evenly, like the align menu

Later
Eric

That's actually quite easy to do with scripting. I'm out for the weekend, but when I get back next week I'll see if I can post up a script I've been working on that does this. It's actually part of a package that all CX 5 users will be able to download.

I'm putting some finishing touches on it and hopefully we'll let everyone know when it's available.

cheers,.

Jon Bradley
Animator / VFX Artist
Go to Top of Page

amsdirector
A Regular

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  11:27:12  Show Profile  Visit amsdirector's Homepage
Gettin' back on that matchmoving stuff so I might have an alternative to direct matchmoving in Strata:

(Script ideas)

-an import function for the data which is written by any of the matchmoving programs...
- oh, another: Possibility to enter values for camera roll
- a particle system which - at least in some basic ideas - uses images like particle illusion as particles (mapped on sprites) which are always aligned (i mean turned) correctly to the camera
- or for this kind of sprites (like cutout trees or explosions or that stuff) correct alignment to strata...

I'll soon get some more wacky ideas...

http://www.geocities.com/desperate_minds
Go to Top of Page

Maik Kaune
A Regular

Germany
259 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  22:29:54  Show Profile
my first thoughts and wishes:

- drop to floor/ground (old Bryce favourite ;-) )
(objects are positioned at Y=0 with center point and/or bounding! box)

- move pivot/center point to sides of the object (left/right/bottom/top extends)
(a more exact placement than the interactive CMD-key-drag)

- replicate/place on points
(something i've seen in Amapi and as a C4D plugin i.e. places one object/maybe shape instances on another objects faces, maybe alligned with its surface normal)

possible?... more to come?
TIA!
Go to Top of Page

mwick
Regularly Helpful

Germany
847 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  12:16:51  Show Profile  Visit mwick's Homepage
what comes to my mind...

- floating palette with align tools (alingnig objects to each other like align command but present everytime)
- replace all selected objects with the selected shape (not only replace one object with one shape but all selected with one for each.
- aligning onjects with a camera in a specific angle. eg, align all selected objects to face 90 degrees to a camera named in a specific way

Markus
----------------------
Strata 3D CX 5.0 Mac and Windows, RenderPro 4.2 Mac and Win
Dual G4 1.25 GHz, OS X 10.3.9, 2 GB, Radeon 9000
Athlon X2 4200+, 2 GB, Win XP Pro SP2, ATI Radeon 9600
Sempron 2800+, 1 GB, ATI 9200, Win XP Pro SP 1
Go to Top of Page

mwick
Regularly Helpful

Germany
847 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  14:55:06  Show Profile  Visit mwick's Homepage
getting rid of ALL nested nodes of an object !!!
May that be possible ?
As noted in another thread, nested nodes can be very boring. exporting an object as .obj and reimporting may correct that.
what about a button that does that internally, done with a script ?

Markus
----------------------
Strata 3D CX 5.0 Mac and Windows, RenderPro 4.2 Mac and Win
Dual G4 1.25 GHz, OS X 10.3.9, 2 GB, Radeon 9000
Athlon X2 4200+, 2 GB, Win XP Pro SP2, ATI Radeon 9600
Sempron 2800+, 1 GB, ATI 9200, Win XP Pro SP 1

Edited by - mwick on 06/29/2006 02:14:28
Go to Top of Page

LiamSherborn
Inquisitive

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  22:34:38  Show Profile  Visit LiamSherborn's Homepage
At the expense of sounding like a very broken record. How about something to add irregularity to models and scenes?

Kind of like a noise generator. By way of example, see what can be done in Cinema 4d.

3ds also has such a plug in. I can't imagine it would be that hard. Then again I know knowthing about how the underlying programming works. To my feeble mind it seems like nothing more than taking all of the point axes and multiplying them by a variable number between say .95 and 1.05. Wouldn't that cause everything to be off just a bit? Heck you could even have a slider that allowed for more distortion or less.

It would seem incredibly useful. Just thinking.

Liam
Go to Top of Page

LiamSherborn
Inquisitive

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  22:37:09  Show Profile  Visit LiamSherborn's Homepage
Ooops. I forgot to include the url of the Cinema 4d example .Long day...

Here it is...

http://camelot.renderosity.com/tut.ez?Form.ViewPages=294&PageAction=View&Page=1

Go to Top of Page

jgharris
Infrequent Poster

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  10:10:38  Show Profile
A random fill script would be nice. Something that would allow you to fill a defined area with a shape. And having the ability for that fill to be at random rotations and angles.

(i.e. fill a cup with ice cubes)

Joe

"Can't find my checkbook. Hope you don't mind if I pay ya in change."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000