texturing problem Strata CX 5.5.1
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

denkomat
Infrequent Poster

2 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  16:40:03  Show Profile
I get this message when I edit texture and click on camera button beneath preview area: The value is greater than allowed maximum; previous value substituted.

OS Xp pro SP3 2GB memory
Strata CX 5.5.1

MrChristopher
A Fountain of Information

USA
2220 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  02:40:05  Show Profile  Send MrChristopher an AOL message
This means the value you used was too high. For instance the specular value won't allow you to use more than 100%. If you tried to use 150% it would give you the error above.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

denkomat
Infrequent Poster

2 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  15:02:33  Show Profile
Thanks for the replay Chris

I get this message every time I open edit texture dialog and there is no preview of the tile or cube or globe in preview window. I'm not even reach to change the values, happens with every texture I use. Is there someone else with this problem? I don't know if is after reinstalling XP and SP3 update? Or my graphic card new drivers? Before was working nice.

denkomat
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson
A Fountain of Information

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  15:53:44  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
The "Illegal value" error message can also be caused by the numbering system used by your OS. Strata expects numbers to be in the English format 1,234.56. Other languages use different symbols to separate thousands from hundreds and decimal from whole portions of the number and this can cause us problems.

Go to the Regional and Language Options Control Panel and set your Standards and formats setting to English.

Which language and numbering system are you using?

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000