Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Helle
A Regular

Denmark
124 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  04:21:33  Show Profile
Hi
I can open the 3d Model in photoshop... it creates a PDF fine, but metal gold turns into some kind of brown thing.

And when I try to create a web page - it tries to load in Explorer - and nothing more happends?

Why?

Helle:-)

Brian Lawson
A Fountain of Information

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  08:13:55  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
Photoshop does not support all the channels we have in our Textures so that is going to affect the look of any Texture which uses an unsupported channel.

I'll need to see your model to know why it isn't working in Explorer.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Helle
A Regular

Denmark
124 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  09:19:12  Show Profile
Hi Brian

See or have? Not sure ehat you mean. It's the Emmy award model, which can bee seen from here:
http://www.helle.dk/Gfx/opgave_detail.asp?IDGfx=18&IDGfxDetail=270&offset=

Isn't there at least one kind of gold metal that can come across to Photoshop?
Also found out that using "domain faces" - doesn't come across either.

Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  09:32:41  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
Have Helle, if I don't have it I can't look at it.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Helle
A Regular

Denmark
124 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  09:49:49  Show Profile
eeh - she is quite large.... 20 mb and that is with no domain faces... how do we do that?

ps: the program doesn't warn when you overwrite a file!! Should it not do that?

Edited by - Helle on 11/09/2007 09:51:34
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  10:19:20  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
I'll have to set you up with access to my FTP site but I won't be able to do that until I get home this evening. Unless you have a site you can put it on for me to download.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Helle
A Regular

Denmark
124 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  11:48:09  Show Profile
It's sent ....

Edited by - Helle on 11/09/2007 15:39:37
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  16:15:33  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
I believe your mesh is too complex for the java applet to handle. I used the Generate Level of Detail dialog (Right-click on the statue's name in the main palette of L3D and choose the command Generate LOD) to reduce the complexity by roughly half. The model was then visible in my web browser.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Helle
A Regular

Denmark
124 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  18:33:07  Show Profile
ehh - looking for that L3D palette. All I can see from within Photoshop is "Image Quality", "3D Frame Size" and "Background Color".

Could you tell me more exact where L3D palette is?

Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  20:03:17  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
It is in the Live 3D program Helle. Are you running Live 3D or Live 3D[in]? The L3D[in] program does not give you access to it. You'll have to reduce the complexity in CX.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Helle
A Regular

Denmark
124 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  16:43:39  Show Profile
Not happy - no matter what I try it looks like ....
Tried to make another test... still not happy. All colors are weird and I have no idea what colors in general can come across!

I use Live 3D[in] can the Live 3D do better?

Helle :-(

Go to Top of Page

Helle
A Regular

Denmark
124 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  16:45:30  Show Profile
Not happy - no matter what I try it looks like ....
Tried to make another test... still not happy. All colors are weird and I have no idea what colors in general can come across!

I use Live 3D[in] can the Live 3D do better?

Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  17:29:21  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
No, you get the same results from Live 3D. The problem you are having is that Photoshop does not support the channels which make a metal look like a metal. Photoshop & Live 3D also can not reproduce any of our Textures which are procedural as the texture doesn't actually exist until the image is rendered.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Helle
A Regular

Denmark
124 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  19:16:59  Show Profile
So ... what exactly can iy do? I'm somewhat frustrated and are very very unsure of what I can use it for?

Do you want it back? *s*

Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  21:48:53  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
Have you had it longer than 30 days? If not you are welcome to send it back for a refund. If it has been over 30 days you have exceeded the guarantee period and it can not be returned. I suggest you experiment with it and find out what you can do. We have no control over what Adobe allows Photoshop to make use of from us so it does no good to blame us for what Photoshop can not do.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  22:04:23  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
Please send me a copy of your model Helle. The engineers have asked to take a look at it.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Helle
A Regular

Denmark
124 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  22:45:44  Show Profile
you already have it ... it's the Emmy thing. The other one I tried with was a quick model of an appartment. Again the textures, some of them, didn't come across...

Would be really nice if one could control at least the size, It seems there is no kind of output size control... is that correct, or ...?

The weird thing is when you look at your model in Photoshop, all textures are there. So I, as the naive customer, thinks that I will get what I see into the Live 3D output...

I can see I bought it the sep 22

Edited by - Helle on 11/14/2007 03:59:40
Go to Top of Page

Helle
A Regular

Denmark
124 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2007 :  09:27:17  Show Profile
Did the engineers get time to look at it??

Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2007 :  10:02:32  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
I gave it to him but haven't heard back yet. I'll remind him again.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  17:46:25  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
I just finished talking with the engineer about your Emmy statue and why the color shifts when you go from CX to Live 3D. The brown color you see in Live 3D is coming from the Diffuse Color channel of the Texture while the gold color you want is coming from the Specular Color Channel and Live 3D does not support color information from the Specular Channel. All Live 3D will take is the specular map.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000