Mac OS 10.5 Leopard compatibiity & known issues
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brian Lawson
A Fountain of Information

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  12:18:11  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
Hi all,

I'm starting this topic where I will post the known issues with our programs running under OS 10.5, Leopard. If you have anything to report please send me an e-mail at support@strata.com and I will post it here after I can confirm the issue and look for any possible work arounds.

Please understand that we were unable to test the software completely until Apple released the final version of the new OS to the public so there may be things which we were unable to find prior to the release. We will be posting a patch for CX 5.1 to fix the problem with opening and importing files but that will probably be the extent of what we do for it. For 5.5 of course we will post an updater to fix what we uncover.

Thank you for your help in letting us know what you find and for your patience while we work to get everything working in harmony again.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  12:34:21  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
Here's the first issue - CX 5.1 crashing when trying to Open or Import a file or Load a Texture's image map.

Apple made some changes to how certain dialog controls are handled which causes any program using those controls to crash when any dialog window which uses them is displayed on screen. Apple is aware of the issue. We have rewritten our code for CX 5.5 to work around this problem and we will be including that in an upcoming CX 5.1 upater.

For now the work around is to not use the Open or Import commands. To open models you can double-click them or drag and drop their icons onto the CX 5.1 program icon. I keep an icon for each version of CX in my Dock for just this purpose - so I can drag and drop your model files onto the proper version of the program needed to open that particular model.

For creating new Textures and loading their image maps, open the image in Photoshop or Preview and copy it to the clipboard then paste it into Strata's Image Map dialog.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  19:01:29  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
Strata Foto 3D 1.0

Installing Foto 3D 1.0 will not accept the serial number on a clean install of the Leopard OS and Foto 3D program. I was able to get past this by copying the com.strata.Foto 3D.plist and Strata Foto 3D.plist files from my Tiger Preferences folder to my Home/Library/Preferences folder on the Leopard drive.

Leopard also shows the same OpenGL drivers issue the new Aluminum iMacs show where the texture which is created for the object is not right. This is due to a change in how the video card's buffers are used and that is where Foto 3D is doing the work to create the textures.

We are testing an updated 1.0 version of Foto 3D and a Foto 3D 1.5 Upgrade version. The 1.5 program does accept the serial numbers and create the textures correctly. I will post my results from the updated 1.0 version as soon as I finish my testing of it.

The 1.0 update will be free and the 1.5 version will be a paid Upgrade.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  17:31:08  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
We have released a 5.1.1 patch to fix the problem with the Open dialogs when running under Leopard. This is for Macintosh CX 5.1 users only.

The download link is http://www.stratadownloads.com/updates/S3D_CX_511_Patch.dmg.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2007 :  15:29:32  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
Looks like we've found another minor one. One of our beta testers has found, and an engineer confirmed, a display issue on his MacBook Pro where the text labels on the tabs in the Preferences dialog are garbled. It looks like another Apple video issue. It is limited to the MacBooks as far as we can tell right now, I haven't seen it on either my Intel Mac Mini nor my G5. At this time I don't know if it is something Apple will have to fix or if the engineers can code a work around for it. Either way, it is a very minor issue and has no affect on the program's functionality.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support

We found a solution for this: Disabling text antialiasing for font sizes 12 and smaller makes this go away.

It appears that this can also affect some Mac Pro systems.
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  17:10:26  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
We found another one. The Render Vector command under the Rendering Menu will result in the error message "Could not complete your request because of a disk error." However, using the Export command does work.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000