StrataCafe Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 StrataCafe
 Strata Design 3D CX: Lua Scripting
 Is it possible to write a plug-in with Lua?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the3dgm
Infrequent Poster

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  17:01:13  Show Profile
Can a plug-in be written in Lua that would:

From inside Strata(5.x)be able to load an .obj and it's materials and then correct the material settings to a set of basic presets?

I've, finally, seemed to work out a very good solution to bringing in a Poser 6 figure using P6 materials and maps, in this case Miki 1, Morris' Athe skin materials, 3Dream's Egypt hair with it's maps, etc. . .

However, it is a bit of work and could stand to be automated.

Any ideas?

Brian Lawson
A Fountain of Information

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  22:42:39  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
Interesting that you should ask this question now. I was just recently promoted to software engineer specializing in scripting (along with my tech support duties so I'll still be around here ). I do know that right now you can not load a Texture but it will be coming. One of the projects I've been assigned will have to do that so I'll be adding that ability to the software first so the script I have to write can do it. I don't know about loading the obj part yet. I'm still just getting started and have a lot to learn about all this.

Stay tuned for further details as things progress.

Brian Lawson
Strata technical support

Edited by - Brian Lawson on 09/07/2007 22:43:20
Go to Top of Page

the3dgm
Infrequent Poster

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  17:04:44  Show Profile
Thanks Brian, I've only just started playing with Lua, it's a bit different, but could be fun to learn. . .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000