Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DJLEX
A Regular

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  14:51:26  Show Profile  Visit DJLEX's Homepage
We just posted a new podcast showing the features of Strata Live 3D:
http://www.strata.com/news_podcasts.asp

If you are currently subscribed to the podcasts via iTunes and episode 5 doesn't automatically download, press the 'Update' button in the upper right hand corner.

Thanks,
Lex

DJLEX
A Regular

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  13:52:31  Show Profile  Visit DJLEX's Homepage
BTW, I did not know how to use Live 3D until I started on this podcast. I was surprised out how easy it is to use. Feel free to post an questions.
Go to Top of Page

Maik Kaune
A Regular

Germany
259 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  19:00:14  Show Profile
i wonder how you managed to get the texture (back package) into Live3d. I am maybe wrong, or missed something... but didnīt u setup/map the background illustration with the "stencil-channel-trick" (i am talking of the option click method to get that automatic little tile, without loading a perfect matching stencil map)...
IMHO, this mapping style does not come into Live3D. How did u work around this issue? Did u convert the extruded shape, or UV-burn the texture? I had no success with such a "stencil-ed" texture.

TIA!
Go to Top of Page

DJLEX
A Regular

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  19:15:52  Show Profile  Visit DJLEX's Homepage
Hi Maik,

You are correct. The back side of the packaging does not have a second map applied to it. You would need to make the front and back sides of the packaging separate objects as I'm pretty sure there can only be one map per object. (I'll double check on this).

Thanks,
Lex
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000