Posted - 01/28/2004 :  18:55:13  Show Profile  Visit Duncan's Homepage
confusing?
Go to Top of Page

roger
Regularly Educational

USA
1922 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  19:48:22  Show Profile  Visit roger's Homepage
I'm with you, Duncan. seems that it would be less confusing always to know where to look for the challenges.
Go to Top of Page

Dasch
Regularly Educational

Canada
1164 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  21:57:10  Show Profile  Visit Dasch's Homepage
Yeah, now that I see it, the sepearte forum is a great idea.
Can anybody start a challenge?

Dasch
Go to Top of Page

Michael
Admin

Canada
2688 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2004 :  14:58:52  Show Profile  Visit Michael's Homepage  Send Michael an AOL message
Anyone can start a challenge, but this is where some self-moderation comes in.

If there are 15 challenges posted each day, participation will be poor. 1 or 2 a week would gather more attention.

Try to keep the requirements a little loose so folks have a bit of leeway for interpretation. Stretching the creative muscles is as important as the 3D part =)

And, although it hasn't happened yet, no challenge police. In other forums, there ends up being self-appointed hall monitors that run around saying "That's not following the rules of the contest closely enough", "I don't believe you did that in 2 hours", "I don't like your concept/choice of colors/background/whatever". We can do without the drive-by peanut gallery.

Michael Luscombe
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1264 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2004 :  22:38:43  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Michael

And, although it hasn't happened yet, no challenge police. In other forums, there ends up being self-appointed hall monitors that run around saying "That's not following the rules of the contest closely enough", "I don't believe you did that in 2 hours", "I don't like your concept/choice of colors/background/whatever". We can do without the drive-by peanut gallery.
There go my weekend plans...

Steven Richards
Go to Top of Page

mich
A Fountain of Information

Germany
2093 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2004 :  05:01:36  Show Profile  Click to see mich's MSN Messenger address
huh? what weekend?..
Go to Top of Page

mich
A Fountain of Information

Germany
2093 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  12:45:03  Show Profile  Click to see mich's MSN Messenger address
hey, I thought there would be more challenge topics apart from speed challenges, or is this supposed to be just a test?
The other ideas that were given were interesting, there could also be other challenges like cubism where you have to create something compleately out of cubes or anotherone just with red colors or something like that...

>there is a dream I am living, there is a life I am dreaming of!<
Go to Top of Page

Dasch
Regularly Educational

Canada
1164 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  12:51:29  Show Profile  Visit Dasch's Homepage
I'm with you, Mich!
The speed challenges are fun, but quick isn't everything.
There are tons of creative challenge possibilities.
BTW: It was good to see Strata include this challenge (and links to images) in their recent newsletter. It sure bumped up the hits on these images!
Dasch

Edited by - Dasch on 02/05/2004 12:52:56
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000