Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Adamki2000
Infrequent Poster

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  21:50:49  Show Profile  Send Adamki2000 an AOL message
Hi! I'm using an indigo 350MHz slot-loading iMac with 256MB RAM with both Mac OS 9.2.2 and OS X 10.3.2 on a 40GB hard drive. For a while, Strata DVbase 5.0 worked fine under 9.2.2 but then started acting up one day and I haven't been successful at capturing any video clips with sound (video used to capture fine but with no audio. Trying to select an audio input source crashes StrataDVbase 5.0 and every other video capture program on my Mac too) and now it's gotten to the point that once I get Strata DVbase 5.0 to open and I go to the "Go To Digitizing Window" menu option, the program freezes up my whole Mac, forcing me to reboot manually. This is very frustrating to say the least and I know that Strata DVbase cn be VERY picky with functioning properly if even one extension conflict exists. I've been inc ontact with Strata support in the past but no one seemed to be able to help and I'm hoping that maybe by now someone will know what the cause of my problem(s) is. I would like to kow what is the absolute bare minimum system requirements needed to capture video using Strata DVbase 5.0. As I said before, I run Mac OS 9.2.2, have the latest ATI Radeon/Rage Pro drivers installed, run QuickTime 6.0.3 Pro, and have every other piece of system and 3rd party software up to date. Please help me figure out why I can't use DVbase anymore and also I would like to know if a Mac OS X-native version of Strata DVbase 5.0 will be coming out, and if not, what OS X applications could I use to capture video to my Mac using a USB video capturing device (I use Belkin's Videobus II). Thanks!

Graeme Mair
Infrequent Poster

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2004 :  21:05:38  Show Profile  Visit Graeme Mair's Homepage  Send Graeme Mair an AOL message  Click to see Graeme Mair's MSN Messenger address  Send Graeme Mair a Yahoo! Message
Have you tried deleting the preference file? As for your sound problem I'm not to sure what to suggest apart from all the obvious check the cables and control panels.

Re capturing video iMovie in OSX is pretty idiot proof. If you want a bit more flexibility have you looked at Final Cut Express?

Graeme Mair

Dunfermline
Scotland
fuzzytnth3@mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/fuzzytnth3/
o__ o__ o__
_.>/ _ _.>/ _ _.>/ _
(_) \(_) (_) \(_) (_) \(_)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly