Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

atlacatl
Infrequent Poster

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2002 :  13:30:17  Show Profile  Visit atlacatl's Homepage
I was wondering if anyone has the scoop on when the famous DV for windows would come out, they been promising us a version for the past 3 years, what's going??

Kdnorman
A Regular

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2002 :  19:21:26  Show Profile  Visit Kdnorman's Homepage
keep dreaming. DV for windows probably won't come out until hell freezes over.

3.5 plus, P4 1.8 ghz, win XP home SP1

Edited by - Kdnorman on 12/14/2002 11:40:51
Go to Top of Page

atlacatl
Infrequent Poster

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2002 :  18:42:25  Show Profile  Visit atlacatl's Homepage
Must joo hate the pc world?? I'm a longtime strater, and not happy to see 3.8 only for X
Go to Top of Page

Michael
Admin

Canada
2688 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2002 :  23:52:47  Show Profile  Visit Michael's Homepage  Send Michael an AOL message
No one hates the PC world. A good number of the forumers here, and a large number of Strata's user base is Windows-based.

I have no reason to believe that 3.8 is X only. A newer version of S3D will come out for PC in due time. Unfortunately, I not very involved in the DV side of things, so I have very little to say on the subject.

Michael Luscombe
Go to Top of Page

Kdnorman
A Regular

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2002 :  17:18:04  Show Profile  Visit Kdnorman's Homepage
"due time". i think strata needs to give us a few more details, so we're not left wondering. by the way, whatever happened to strata FX? did that project get torched?

3.5 plus, P4 1.8 ghz, win XP home SP1
Go to Top of Page

Michael
Admin

Canada
2688 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2002 :  01:47:24  Show Profile  Visit Michael's Homepage  Send Michael an AOL message
Yes, "due time". It's a strange concept known as "The benefit of the doubt."

Given no information, I have no reason to assume bad information. They didn't say anything about the OSX version until it was practically shipping, but it came, and it turned out very well. Strata3D does well on the PC, and there are a lot of PC users looking to upgrade. Why wouldn't they be working on the PC version right this very minute?

Strata is tight lipped about new releases, and they have been for years and years. If you think that demanding details and casting doubts on the company will help, you are entirely mistaken.

Michael Luscombe
Go to Top of Page

Nicholas8681
A Regular

384 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2003 :  23:45:14  Show Profile  Send Nicholas8681 an AOL message
Looking forward to DV for windows here!!!!! Just in case some Strata rep glances over the forums!!!! I think everyone that wants DV on windows should post in here. Get them cracking;)

Brian
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000