Lost in Strata (Danger, Will Robinson!)
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JohnR
Infrequent Poster

4 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  13:40:15  Show Profile
Okay, I'm trying like heck to get some Strata support for VideoShop. I sent an e-mail to support@strata.com but haven't heard back in nearly a week.

I stumbled across the strataline message board, but when I signed up, it took me to stratacafe. Are they one in the same?

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Even better, if anyone can help with my quandry, I'd be truly grateful.

I'm running an iMac G4 and trying to digitize analog videotapes. I'd had some luck in the past, but now I can't get the sound to record. I hear it when I am recording, but it's not in the final product. Since this is an iMac, I can't change the sound control panel to AV Input. It's either built in, or none, and neither settings are working for me.

Again, any help is appreciated

Edited by - roger on 09/04/2002 21:18:32

roger
Regularly Educational

USA
1922 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  17:05:56  Show Profile  Visit roger's Homepage
what are you using to get the video into the computer? what kind of interface? not knowing the G4 iMac(I have a G3), it will help to know what you've done so far.

also, would you like me to move this(or you can do it yourself) into the StrataDV forums? though most people check into all the forums, there will be more people that know about Videoshop on that forum.

not quite sure what the strataline message board is, but the Café is the best place to find out about anything Strata!

:¬)>
Go to Top of Page

JohnR
Infrequent Poster

4 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  10:34:25  Show Profile
Thanks for the reply. I'm using a Belkin USB Videobus II for Mac to get the video to the computer. It converts the two RCA jacks (audio/video) to a USB jack that is plugged into the back of the iMac. VideoShop is the 3rd party software that came with.

I've got to say that the user info that came with the software is almost non-existent, and getting tech support is like pulling teeth. I understand I could get a user manual for about $30, but this software has more bugs than a campsite (like windows that come up blank, but still are active, if you can guess where to click), so I don't know if it's worth the investment. (Pardon my venting)

Anyway, I need to figure out whether I'm doing something wrong with the sound settings, or if it's the iMac's lack of a AV Input setting that is the culprit.

Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

JohnR
Infrequent Poster

4 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  10:36:39  Show Profile
Oops! Forgot to mention... It would be fine if you moved this to the DV forum.

Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

sleezebag
A Regular

136 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  19:18:30  Show Profile  Visit sleezebag's Homepage
If you can hear the audio playing throught the computer, like you said, then It's a problem witht the sound prefrences.

Under the "Digitize" menu, make sure that there is a check by "sound on." Then go to sound settings and make sure that everything is correct for your set-up. After that, You should be good to go!
Go to Top of Page

JohnR
Infrequent Poster

4 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  15:42:18  Show Profile
PROBLEM SOLVED!

For some reason, the next time I tried to digitize my tapes, my Sound control panel listed an option that had not been showing previously, the NTSC Input, I believe. Selecting that option there and also in VideoShop sound controls did the trick.

Thanks for the support!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000