Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

3dtodd
A Regular

USA
431 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2002 :  20:32:43  Show Profile  Visit 3dtodd's Homepage
I know this program may be too old for this forum, but, I thought I'd try it anyway.

I've been playing with VideoShop 4.5.1 and it's been operating fine up until now. I went to the Video Transparency setting dialog to create an Oval around a "picture-in-picture" video track. When the dialog box opened, I clicked on "Oval" to create that around the video track that was added on top of the original video. At which time the program froze my computer. I rebooted and tried again and again only to have the same thing happen each time. I even added assigned memory to it with the same results.

Any ideas

Todd Groves
No matter where you go, there you are.

Michael
Admin

Canada
2688 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  00:15:59  Show Profile  Visit Michael's Homepage  Send Michael an AOL message
This is a Quicktime 5-6 bug. The oval transparency has been removed from DVPro until Apple cleans it up.

You could either revert to QT4, or just avoid to oval transparency.

Sorry.

Michael Luscombe
Go to Top of Page

3dtodd
A Regular

USA
431 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  00:38:49  Show Profile  Visit 3dtodd's Homepage
Thanks, Michael.

I did the 3D tutorial for VideoShop as well. And everything was fine all the way up to completing the lesson. At which point you create a "preview" to play back the work. Played back fine. But, when I clicked to close the preview window....Freeze! My computer locked up again.

At this point, I think I'm going to use VideoShop more as an editing bay then effects house. I have After Effects 5.5 Production Bundle anyway.
So, I can do my layering in there, and just put the clips together in VideoShop. If you have any tips on preventing more freeze-ups, I'd love to hear them.

By the way, I'm on a 466MHz G4 with 640MB RAM and 30GB hard drive.

Thanks

Todd Groves
Go to Top of Page

Michael
Admin

Canada
2688 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  00:56:47  Show Profile  Visit Michael's Homepage  Send Michael an AOL message
Unfortunately, I think 4.5 was written with Quicktime 3 in mind. So many things have changed since then. DVPro 5 is rock solid, but that doesn't help much for you.

Michael Luscombe
Go to Top of Page

3dtodd
A Regular

USA
431 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2002 :  19:41:28  Show Profile  Visit 3dtodd's Homepage
Thanks for your help, Michael. I've decided to get Strata DVpro v.5.
You should tell Strata that you helped get them another sale.

Todd Groves
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000