|T O P I C R E V I E W
||Posted - 06/25/2019 : 08:49:28
Anyone have any insight on whether Strata's gonna make the shift to 64bit for the MacOS?
I know nothing has been made public yet (to my knowledge) and info has just been in a black hole forever, but it would be nice to have some word from Strata on a 64bit version of Design3D for Mac. Even if they tell us there will be no support, at least it would be something.
I'm close to calling time of death, and starting the long process of moving my whole process over to another app. But unfortunately, we have an internal company wide issue, that I have no control over - meaning they will be deciding the replacement software (we have extensive parts libraries provided by the corporate office all created in Strata).
I have a feeling I'm about to be left out in the cold here soon....
|4 L A T E S T R E P L I E S (Newest First)
||Posted - 06/25/2019 : 10:12:32
I'm not expecting a promise on a timeframe. I understand that. But a simple "yes, we are working on it" would be nice. At least let their users know we won't be left hanging on indefinitely.
Even tight lipped Apple, would periodically let people know that a new MacPro was in development, even without promises on a timeframe. That's all the community really wants - to know whether there is a future for Strata on OSX or not.
||Posted - 06/25/2019 : 09:53:53
Unfortunately I doubt they will make any promise on a time frame, that policy was established decades ago when they made a delivery promise for a early version of the software and had to blow through that deadline for some reason. It got the community really upset, and I suspect they won't want that again. I think it really got burned into their DNA, so they tend to be mum.
||Posted - 06/25/2019 : 09:30:51
I haven't given up just yet. But the lack of any info at all is bit troubling.
My big issue is, the corporate entity i work for has there full parts library built in Strata as shape files (a bit short sighted in retrospect - but not my doing). So just switching over the whole catalog to another software package isn't quite so simple. Not to mention getting 75+ designers across the country to all get up to speed on new software, with as little interruption to workflow as possible.
Now is kinda the time for us to start a transition if needed, as it will be a good 4-6 months to do (not that I have any control). So some transparency from Strata would be extremely helpful.
||Posted - 06/25/2019 : 09:03:08
I will continue to use Strata until it does not work (probably the next Major OSX upgrade. The company is still alive and kicking, so don't give up hope yet. However, I will be learning Blender as my backup.