home
StrataCafe Forums
 All Forums
 StrataCafe
 Strata Design 3D CX
 Making Keyframes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What color is an eggplant?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MacSavers Posted - 07/03/2018 : 11:52:57
Okay, I realize it's been a while since I did an animation in Strata, but I could have sworn that if you moved the playhead to a frame, then changed something in the main window, Strata would automatically create a keyframe at the point in the timeline.

However, when I try that technique today, nothing happens. I cannot find a way to create a keyframe. All I'm trying to do is rotate something. I've done this time and time again, but before version 8.

Anyone know how to create a keyframe in version 8?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wally_B Posted - 07/05/2018 : 05:10:49
I haven't used version 8.... but I know that in 7.5, you could go into the preferences and turn on the "auto-keyframe" option, allowing you to get the behavior that you're describing...
tbgriswold Posted - 07/03/2018 : 12:33:36
Yep, that is a decision made by the coding team to minimize attributes attache to objects. What you did is pretty normal for getting the rotate attribute activated.

Britt
MacSavers Posted - 07/03/2018 : 12:04:18
I found that but it appears to be very finicky. If I click it, then rotate my item, it doesn't make a keyframe. I had to rotate it, then click the stopwatch, then rotate it back to the origin point while at the first frame to get a keyframe to start, then I could move the timeline to the next point and rotate the item. That seemed to do it, but man, that's a far cry from how easy it used to be.
tbgriswold Posted - 07/03/2018 : 11:59:15
Activate the stopwatch of the attribute(s) you want to animate in the Project window.

Britt

StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000